Holiday Craft Fun

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
pamh

Holiday Craft Fun

Post by pamh » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:33 am

My son went to ps for kindergarten and one thing I miss about it was all the fun projects and crafts that related to upcoming holidays. Do any of you use a specific book or site that has great projects for the upcoming holidays? I'm not just talking about Thanksgiving or Christmas but also like Veterans Day, Presidents Day, etc..

Pam

Marcee

Re: Holiday Craft Fun

Post by Marcee » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:25 am

Enchanted Learning is a great place! They pretty much have ideas for everything and tons of printables. You can use the site for free or get a membership and have access to everything.

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:28 pm

I have some sites to share, but I'm not sure we're supposed to link to outside sites here. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks, Heather

Marcee

Post by Marcee » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Heather wrote:I have some sites to share, but I'm not sure we're supposed to link to outside sites here. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks, Heather
I found this:
"This is the only "official" Heart of Dakota" board moderated by us. Since this board is sponsored by Heart of Dakota, we ask that you do not post links to other companies, or other boards, or reference posts or threads from other boards. We also ask that you do not post for the purpose of buying, swapping, or selling items or curriculum."

I don't think Enchanted learning qualifies as a company or H'schooling board. Just a site for crafts and such. Anyone?

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Himm I won't post a link but I will say search janbrett and go to activites page it has lots of printable for free! it's a site for teachers too lure them into buying more Jan Brett books. But lots of great stuff and projects with book tie ins. :!: it is a secular site :!:

but a quick craft search will bring you up hundreds of places to check out.
When I want a project quick I make sure my google search sensitivity is on "safe search" or use the goodsearch search engine switch to images and type in "Harvest craft" or "labor day coloring sheet" then I can see pictures of the crafts or sheets right away. Be sure to set google to "safe" search only!!! or EYE BURN may result. Google tends to be safer than goodsearch ... sadly.

A word to not search this way is *bunny* use Rabbit instead.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

pamh

Post by pamh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Ooops...I honestly didn't think arts and crafts would qualify as homeschool curriculum. We've used Enchanted before but I was just looking for some fun, new ideas....especially no coloring pages. My boys love to cut, glue, paint, build, etc. but they will quickly run away if given coloring pages to color (not like their mama!).

I appreciate those of you willing but unable to help due to restrictions. Sorry, Carrie, for not following the guidlines!!!

Blessings,
Pam

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:21 pm

Crafty Crow is always a fun place to go for crafts ideas.

http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_crow/
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

faroutback

Post by faroutback » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:06 pm

I am a little late on this but I recently discovered a site just for fun at familyfun.com/go. It is tied in with the magazine I believe but they have lots of fun things and they are arranged by age, material (great for recyclables), holidays, and so on. We just did one today and we did Mr. Pumpkinhead which is like Mr. Potato head only with pumpkins. Both were easy and fun for all.