Questions for everyone interested

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:05 pm

granolamom6 wrote: Favorite hobby: Reading, blogging, talking with Mary :-)

I love my funky side!
ROFLOL! Yes, each morning I have my quiet time, my coffee and my conversation with my Christa! It's a staple :D

Funky! Yes, but it's also FUN!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Dorla

Post by Dorla » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:42 pm

water2wine wrote:
But can I just say that I really loved Dorla's answer! :lol: I mean if you have wild hair really what else do you really need!
OK, you ladies are too funny! http://mcphaull.wordpress.com/2008/02/2 ... aparicios/
Every day it looks a little different. Today it is not so bad because we went to church!
Dorla

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:46 pm

Dorla, you've inspired me :D Here's a family photo (except for the white-haired guy-he's a certain actor/author whose booksigning we attended :wink: But my hair is a LOT longer and wilder these days :shock:
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd63 ... Hurley.jpg
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

granolamom6

Post by granolamom6 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:38 am

Dorla! I love your hair! And your family is beautiful! I love that your oldest's mouth is wide open. :D Very cute.

Lourdes, your family is beautiful, too! And I love your "wild hair"! My hair is stick straight, so wild is never a term I could apply to my hair. (Now, back in the day, when I permed and bleached it, that's another story....)

I have three girls and a boy, too! Is your boy your oldest? That's how it is in our family.

Thanks for sharing!
Christa, wife to Sonnie since '93

ds- 13
dd - 10
dd - 7
dd - 4 — LHTH
And another blessing due in March '09.

Visit my blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/granolamom6/

Candice

Post by Candice » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:15 am

Yay, pictures!

This thread is a great excuse to show off your family and your wild, or not so wild, hair! Keep 'em comin'! :D

It will probably take me a little longer to post a pic, the computer is not my greatest talent!

Candice

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:17 pm

I love those pics....you guys have beautiful hair! I happen to love big hair. :wink: And your children are precious! Thank you for sharing, I enjoy being able to put a face with a name.

meanwhile...candice and I will be a computers for dummies 101... :roll:
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:10 am

Christa, yes, my boy is my oldest. The age spread of our kids is similar, too! Melanie, you are too funny... "big hair" :D I'm going to try to get a picture on here of my big hair, before I go get a haircut :)
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

momof4

Post by momof4 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:30 pm

What a fun thread! No wild hair here, though.

Favorite hobby:
Just started knitting, but love to cross-stitch, read and baking anything with chocolate.

Favorite song:
I agree - No Rap. No also to my Dad's organ music that sounded like they were tuning up for an hour. Otherwise, no one favorite song or type. I like mostly contemporary Christian with Chris Rice probably my favorite. My3sons - I grew up a 1/2 mile from the KNWC station in Sioux Falls. Everything has changed in that area so I don't even know if it is still in the same spot (my house isn't there anymore).

Name 2 or 3 jobs you have had in the past:
Computer systems programmer for pharmacy system and before that a bank (okay, don't throw anything at me - I just wrote the programs!)
Cook at Pizza Hut
Weeded bean fields growing up.

What do you like best about yourself:
I'm not afraid to try anything new, except vegetables. I guess I'll have to start looking at blogging - that would be another new one for me.

Laurie
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:10 pm

momof4 wrote: Weeded bean fields growing up.
My brother and sisters and I earned a trip to Disneyworld doing this for my dad one year! :lol: The very next year, "they" came out with a spray that would kill sicklepod in soybeans....whew... I've also used a rope-wick to kill Johnson grass in milo for my dad. Oh the joys of being a farmer's daughter. :roll: My dh always says he married me b/c I could drive a tractor and plant a straight row of soybeans! :lol:

Every time I read one of these, I see something I have in common with some one else. I think this is really cool. 8)
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:16 pm

Dolra, Love your wild hair too! :wink:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Melanie wrote: Every time I read one of these, I see something I have in common with some one else. I think this is really cool. 8)
I totally agree! I keep thinking that too! I walked beans and drove tractor too, and I love KNWC, though I'm not sure where their station is now. Dorla - I love your wild hair and your family picture, and Lourdes, I love your family picture too!

Now, I'll need to take a computer class with Melanie and Candice to figure out how to add pictures to my posts!

Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Erin

Post by Erin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:40 pm

Great thread! Its a nice way to get to "know" everyone!! And I could have joined the wild hair club about 5 years ago. Picture: long VERY thick naturally curly hair and Minnesota's summers. Not pretty. :)

Favorite hobby: I actually just got a hobby. And its actually extemely odd. I am researching the Hells Angeles and the Mongols. Yes, the biker gangs. I watched something on National Geographic a few weeks ago about an undercover agent inside the Hells Angeles, and have been intrigued ever since. Bad behavior just.... baffles me. When I went to school, I started going to be a Criminal Psychologist.... I just would love to get inside these peoples heads, and figure out the whys and hows...... and then fix them! :)

Favorite song:
I'm on a Bette Midler kick right now.....

Dietary Aide, Waitress

What do you like best about yourself:
My strong will- which also gets me introuble :). But I tell ya, I don't just dream, I do it. And I love that I have the drive. :)
Erin
Mama to my Guatemalan Princesa Meeah, 3.5
and my Guatemalan Principe Migel, 2

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Erin wrote: My strong will- which also gets me introuble :). But I tell ya, I don't just dream, I do it. And I love that I have the drive. :)
And that is something I try to remind myself of every time my dd throws a tantrum. One day her strong will can be directed towards a dream instead of me. :lol: Hehehe!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

babybryte

Post by babybryte » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:50 pm

Favorite hobby: Scrapbooking - when I have/make time!

Favorite song: Oh, gosh, this is hard! In Christian music, which I mostly listen to, probably Selah's "It Is Well with My Soul". In country, my all-time favorite song is "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones. Yes, it's old and hokey, but it gets me teary-eyed every time I hear it!! LOL!!

* Floral designer
* Preschool teacher
* Hospital collections

What do you like best about yourself: Hmmm. Physically, I like my long, curly hair the best about myself, since I have been growing it out for 3 years from being boy-short. Personally, I guess I like that I'm a good listener.
Blessings,
Jacquelyn

William (11) and Caroline (9), both doing Preparing, DITHOR, MUS, R&S English, Sequential Spelling, and workboxes!
Samuel, born on Sept 3, 2010 - eating, sleeping, pooping, and loving life!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:54 am

babybryte wrote:In country, my all-time favorite song is "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones. Yes, it's old and hokey, but it gets me teary-eyed every time I hear it!!
I LOVE that song too - it ALWAYS makes me cry! I'm not sure why I'm listening to it then, but it does make me realize how much I love my dh, and how glad I am that we're still together raising our family. Nobody can sing a sad song like George Jones!

:o Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie