First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind versus R &a

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Rebecca

First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind versus R &a

Post by Rebecca » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:45 pm

I have been using FLL with my children. Next year my son would be moving into FLL 3 and using the new writing with ease program. I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between Rod and Staff and FLL? We have been very happy with First Language Lessons. Both my sons in levels one and two respectively are doing fine. We will be finishing level 2 shortly.

I know before there was a FLL 3 people generally moved to Rod and Staff. I am just wondering if anyone has any feedback?

Thanks!
Rebecca

Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:04 pm

Replying to this for anyone who is interested...
I compared samples online.

They appear to be similar in content- with Rod and Staff being more
"textbookish" if that makes sense.

I decided that we will stay with First Language Lessons as it has worked so well for us and we enjoy it.

Rebecca

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:31 pm

Rebecca,

If you have a good fit in the language arts area, and you're happy with the retention, I wouldn't switch either! :D

Comparing samples can sometimes help confirm for you what may be a better fit for your family. The great part about HOD is if you ever feel like your language arts isn't working for you anymore, you have a back-up plan in your HOD guide! :wink:

Glad you resolved it!

Blessings,
Carrie