Has anyone's child read...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
kissesmomof4

Has anyone's child read...

Post by kissesmomof4 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:37 pm

The Trailblazing Life of Daniel Boone and How Early Americans Took to the Road by Cheryl Harness? I looked in my library for EVERY suggested book for DITHOR for biographies and all they had was the Louis Braille book IN FRENCH! LOL I picked up a couple other books but this one looks like it is fun, interesting, and engaging. I am just not sure if it is high quality or twaddle-like.
Amanda
Mom of four, homeschooling two M13, D9 going on 10 struggling but making progress

faroutback

Re: Has anyone's child read...

Post by faroutback » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi we got the book as a special buy, there were many praises for the book and the author from the reviews, but I wasn't familiar with them. We got the book as a supplemental reading. Our 7 yo (who reads very well) has read it and really enjoyed it, he wants to help with this post. "Yes, I think this book is great for your child. This book was like a biography of the life of the early trailblazer Daniel Boone. It was very, very interesting and in some parts it even got funny." I haven't gotten to read it but I remember ds sharing a lot about it and it did seem very engaging, and we discovered a significant "difference" between Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett. I hope this helps.