DITHOR quick question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
FiveLittlePeaches

DITHOR quick question

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:57 am

I'm doing Level two with my daughter, and see that she has read a lot of the books in the book pack.

Does the program recommend never-been-read-before books, or doesn't it matter because of the indepth study questions? I bought the sheet that contains additional titles, so I have that on hand. I am specifically asking if it is ok to repeat a book that was previously read.

Thanks!

Joy
Loving DITHOR along with my daughter :D

mom2boys030507

Re: DITHOR quick question

Post by mom2boys030507 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:28 pm

I would recommend picking a book that she has not read. The questions I feel help more in understanding the genre. The reading for me is to help push my son along on what he is reading. He is the type of kid that is content with the same level books but with encouragement will push himself.
Karen - mom to Bryce 02/03, Micah 03/05, and Matthew 05/07

my3sons

Re: DITHOR quick question

Post by my3sons » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:20 pm

I would agree that it is best to use books dc have not read. However, if they really don't remember reading it all, than I suppose a title could be reread. Since any book can be used that fits the genre though, I'd search out a some new ones. If we've read some of the DITHOR Book Pack choices, we look at the Beyond, Bigger, and CTC genre based books for ideas (and then we just get whichever title we haven't read for the Storytime of that guide when we get to it). The suggested book list is another great place to look - HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie