Tired of hearing, "I never got to...." from my olders

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
8arrows

Tired of hearing, "I never got to...." from my olders

Post by 8arrows » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Seriously! My 2nd son is continually saying, "Why didn't we get to do this kind of school?" The most recent vexation to him was the bartering activity in Bigger for his 7 and 9 year old brothers. (Yes, he's 14 and I let him participate!) OK, my Creation to Christ girl had to play too. I am glad school is more enjoyable for my youngers. I pushed a little too hard with my olders (they really didn't get to have much fun). Maybe I'll just put that 14 year old in charge of a few of the really fun activities. We are in week 5 in Bigger and week 6 in Creation to Christ. Things are really going pretty well. It is nice when you can already see yourself teaching the curriculum again to your youngers (happily).
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

yayadaisy

Re: Tired of hearing, "I never got to...." from my olders

Post by yayadaisy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:20 am

How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love HOD :)

Sheila mom to six blessings

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:42 am

My oldest is doing CTC (and Preparing last year), but she still likes to get on the youngers activities and readings too!
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:02 pm

I let my daughter (CTC) do some of the activities with her brother. She did the barter activity today from Bigger and she does a lot of the math games with him. It is nice for him to have someone to play with and it helps me out too. Today with the bartering, I sneaked her a whole chocolate bar to barter with. You should have see her brother's eyes. It was a great learning moment and he realized some things have more value than others. LOL. She had secretly agreed earlier to share with him (50/50) but first to make him barter like crazy for it.
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:14 pm

I get the same things as well. In fact when I packed up LHFHG my older kids wanted to read the history books. My kids even fight over who ultimately "owns" the progrma when it is done so they can use it with their kids one day. :lol: HOD is wonderful!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:17 am

8arrows,

I know what you mean! My oldest son didn't get to do any of the fun projecty type things that my youngers are all now getting to do, as he never had a chance to use our guides in the younger years (since they weren't written yet). :wink: Even now, he only gets to pilot our newest guides in rough form, and since the guides are in progress he still misses out on many of the things that are written into the final product. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie