How many books will they read

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Marsha

How many books will they read

Post by Marsha » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:27 pm

for each Genre?
I am looking at Level 4/5 and 6/7/8/.
I have all of the items, I just need to order books for them.
Thanks

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:12 am

Marsha,

I'm going to move this post over to the main board, as all new posts start on the main board!

Most moms only check the main board, so you'll get more responses on the main board too! :D

As to your question, your kiddos can read from 1-3 books for each genre (over a period of 15 days) depending on how fast they like to read and how long each book is. Each child does not have to read the same number of books, so this is flexible from kiddo to kiddo based on their reading habits.

For DITHR the only thing that needs to be the same from child to child is the genre you are studying and the day you are on in the plans. Happy reading! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:03 pm

marsha you may want to go hang out in your library for a day to get a feel for the books and how hard they are ect. before you go plan the whole year.
So you can kinda know "ok humor will be 3 short books and fiction will be one long one." ect..
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫