Notebooking

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jinnah

Notebooking

Post by Jinnah » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi, I am interested in HOD's notebooking. Can someone tell me about it? When/how is it used? Is it used throughout all the programs HOD offers? Thanks!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Notebooking

Post by Carrie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Jinnah,

Notebooking assignments begin in the guides from Bigger Hearts on up. Notebooking assignments are scheduled at least once weekly in history and in science. Directions are given for copywork to do on the notebook page and on specific quotes, drawings, maps, diagrams, charts, etc. to include. A page number from either the science or history text is usually given for reference when completing the page. :D

In CTC, full-color notebook pages are provided to go with the program. Entries in that notebook also include quotes, copywork from the text or the Bible, a place for kiddos' written narrations and timeline entries, some project directions, and places for sketches. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Jinnah

Post by Jinnah » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks for the response. Notebooking sounds like a really good idea. I will have to look into Bigger Hearts.

What is CTC? Sorry, I am new to the forum.

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:36 pm

Hearts for Him Through Time : Creation to Christ (CTC)
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:15 am

The notebooking has been one of my favorite parts of the older guides. It has helped my ds grow in his artistic ability, and it has really helped him to organize his thoughts on paper better. In a sense, I see notebooking as a precursor to beginning notetaking skills, and also as a creative outlet for responding to what was read.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Jinnah,

You can peek at some completed notebooking pages by looking through the weekly check-in, if time allows. :D

Blessings,
Carrie