Really enjoying the Thinking Skills Grade 1 book!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

Really enjoying the Thinking Skills Grade 1 book!

Post by Tree House Academy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:21 am

I was originally not going to order this to go with Little Hearts because, from what I could see online, it looked like stuff he already knew. Well, we got it in the mail last week and started immediately. While the first 10 pages or so was stuff he knew, the rest is really awesome and definitely not stuff he already knows. What a neat resource. He loves to see it in his workbox for the day too. Just one more thing we are enjoying immensely with HOD!
Last edited by Tree House Academy on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

mom2boys030507

Re: Really enjoying the Thinking Skills Grade 1 book!

Post by mom2boys030507 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:14 pm

We also really enjoyed the Thinking Skills book when my oldest went through LHFHG. I remember thinking there is no way he will be able to do some of the activites at the end, but by the time we got there he was more than ready.
Karen - mom to Bryce 02/03, Micah 03/05, and Matthew 05/07

4froggies

Post by 4froggies » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Thanks for sharing! I also thought it might be too easy, but decided to order it also the other day, since everything else Carrie has recommended has been so good! Looking forward to getting it in the mail even more now! :D
Beth

Mom to 5 great kiddos (15,11,8,5,2) and one due in October!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:14 pm

Oh, I'm so glad ladies. We looked at SO MANY books before choosing that one! It covers the skills in a great way. :D

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie