A Wonderful First Day:)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
GracieandTwinBoysMom

A Wonderful First Day:)

Post by GracieandTwinBoysMom » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:24 am

Well we just started LHFHG and WE LOVE IT!!! I was able to work it all out with my twin two year olds. I took everyones advice and read History For Little Pilgrims at breakfast. Then I did the Rhymes in Motion and singing and kept the twins with us. Gracie seemed to really enjoy her brothers being included. The sweetest part of the whole thing was seeing my ds and dd raising the hands and praising God. What a blessing to watch!!!!! By that time the boys were ready to go play in the living room while Gracie and I got to work. She did beautifully...everything was a comfortable challenge and she said she "REALLY LOVED IT!"
Thank you everyone for you prayers and advice...this morning went so much better then I thought it would. Oh one last thing.. my husband wants to take over the Bible section himself. He said it will help him become a stronger spiritual leader in the family and give him some ideas...I love it!!!!! Not only is God using Carrie to equip our kids and us but also our husbands into strong spiritual leaders:):) To God be the Glory Great Things He Hath Done!!!! Sorry for all the rambling...I am just very excited:) Love to all
Carla-
Wife of 8 years to Matt-loving husband and provider
Mom to three miracles
Grace Elise- 4 -LHFHG
Anderson Michael-3 -LHTH
Connor Matthew-3- LHTH

my3sons

Re: A Wonderful First Day:)

Post by my3sons » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:31 am

Carla - I'm rejoicing with you this morning! :D That is a such a blessing to see your dc raising their hands to the Lord - and it must have brought glory and joy to the Lord as well. :D It really paid off to put time into making your schedule and considering how you wanted your day to go before you started. Your can do it attitude really contributed to your happy start to the year as well. Thanks for sharing here - it is an encouragement to those of us who will be starting soon. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Yay Carla, Gracie and boys!!! :D

So glad you had a great first day. I'm sure that tomorrow will be just as wonderful! :D

P.S. Evelyn was really upset after soccer, she had made Gracie a "happy first day of kindergarten" card and forgot to bring it tonight!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Carla,

I'm rejoicing with you and thanking the Lord for your great day! I loved the image of your kiddos raising their hands to the Lord! :D Thank you for sharing your heart-touching words from your hubby too. It blessed me tonight to know your family was steeped in God's love today. :D We pray that you will have a wonderful year with LHFHG!

Blessings,
Carrie

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:54 pm

That is wonderful!! We are so enjoying Little Hearts ourselves. :) When I first read that you had "worked it out with your twin two year olds," I thought you meant you were doing Little Hearts with your two year olds! LOL I was thinking, "oh my...I sure am behind doing it with a 5 year old then!" Haha!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:59 am

Carla That is wonderful! I loved reading about your first day. What sweet children you have! :D We loved LHFHG and found we loved it all the way through. Excited you are finding the same and loving that your little ones were getting into the worship as well. What a great first day! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

pollo_la

Post by pollo_la » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Fabulous!!! :-)
Laurie:
Wife to Daniel since June 2002
Mom to: Odessa (5) using LHFHG and Emerging Readers from BLHFHG,
Sophie (3), Nadia (2), and Elliana (newborn)