My son's hymn

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Heather

My son's hymn

Post by Heather » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:05 pm

I hesitate to share this, because I don't want it in anyway to be perceived as a prideful boast. But I really feel the Lord leading me to share something my son wrote this week. We are doing Bigger Hearts for His Glory and just having a wonderful time. I am really seeing the Lord use the bible studies, history and storytime to touch my boys' hearts. One day this week after school, my son was having his afternoon alone time. We are together so much of the day, that I really like for my 3 boys to have some alone time for a while each afternoon to pursue their individual interests.

At one point, he ran up and asked me how to spell the word depths. "Hmmm" I thought. "I wonder what he is up to?" After an hour, I called for my almost 9 year old Ben to come upstairs for something. He said he was in the middle of something really important. I wondered what it could be. Well, he had spent the afternoon writing his very own hymn of worship to the Lord. I wanted to share it with you all...

The Name I Love to Hear

Jesus Christ is my Savior's name. I will worship Him always.

Refrain: Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus is the name I love to hear.

Jesus Christ you know it all. I am small to your power.

Jesus Christ is my redeemer. You saved me from the depths of sin.

Jesus Christ..I am His and He is mine. I love Him and He loves me.

I just about lost it when he showed it to me. This came on the heels of me having a conversation with my husband the night before about whether homeschooling was really worth it in the long term. :oops: Though I feel called and am committed to homeschooling as long as the Lord directs us to, I sometimes really wonder how homeschooling will affect my boys. Well, I know the Lord used this as a clear affirmation that what we are doing with our kids DOES matter and it DOES make a difference. An eternal difference! I was just pondering what my son would have been doing at those exact moments if he had been away at school. I shudder to think of all the possibilities.

I am praising our glorious God for so many things tonight! His tenderly calling my children to Himself in a personal way, His clear direction for my husband and I to disciple and train our children at home, the freedom we currently have in this nation to homeschool and Carrie and her loving service to write this wonderful curriculum that gives God ALL the glory!

Thank you for allowing me to share my testimony not only on HOD and the impact it is having on my kids, but most importantly to our Almighty God who is worthy of ALL praise and glory!

Heather

Dorla

Re: My son's hymn

Post by Dorla » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:03 am

This is beautiful! Praise God!
Thanks for sharing!
Dorla

1GirlTwinBoys

Post by 1GirlTwinBoys » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 am

Thank you for sharing something so special and sweet with the rest of us. You should feel proud because you are obviously doing something wonderful and having such an amazing influence on your children. :D
Daughter~ 7 (2nd grade)
Twin Boys~ 6 (1st grade)

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:25 am

This brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful! The LORD is surely working in your son's heart.
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

sharonb

Post by sharonb » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:43 am

Thank you for sharing that! :D

I have noticed that every since we started HOD (Beyond), that the children and I are having more and more conversations about God and the Bible. So, yes, teaching them at home is definitely worth it, and has eternal consequences!

Happy2BHome

Post by Happy2BHome » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story! The Lord's work in his heart is so evident. I rejoice with you! It's exciting to think what God has planned for their futures, isn't it? :D
~*~ follower of Christ
~*~ wife to Sweet Preacher Man
~*~ mommy to dd...8 yrs old...imaginative animal lover

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:04 pm

WOW! That is amazing. What a sweet heart your child has. Thank you for sharing it with us! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:38 pm

What a special treasure, Heather! :D I think his hymn is wonderful. And, more importantly, it's a testimony that his heart is truly wanting to glorify God. I wholeheartedly agree that the eternal impact of helping our kids' develop an intimate relationship with the Lord is the most important thing we can do!! (And I just love being able to chat with other like-minded moms here on the HOD board. It's so refreshing to talk with others who have the same goals. :D ) I know it wasn't an accident that God gave you this little gift to show how important your job as a homeschooling mom is, either. He seems to know when we need a little encouragement. :wink:

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 am

Praise the Lord! :D Isn't our God amazing? He knew you needed some encouragement in your decision to homeschool, and He gave it in a resounding way. I would hold on to your ds's hymn. This is a moment to remember. May the Lord continue to move in your homeschooling days with HOD! I do not find this prideful in any way - in fact, I find it a way to do what we've all been created to do - which is to bring glory to God. Please tell your ds the ladies on the HOD board are so proud of him (unless he'd be embarrassed as boys can be sometimes :wink: )!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Heather,

What a precious hymn your son wrote. The words are so beautiful! :D I know the Lord is glorified through your son's words. Thank you so much for sharing as we seek to honor the Lord above all with what we write, and this is a blessed affirmation for me as well. You had me teared up tonight!

Blessings,
Carrie