Intro for beandip71

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
beandip71

Intro for beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:03 pm

I have been reading posts on the board for awhile and I thought I would take the time to formally introduce myself. My name is Gina and I live in Southern California. I am currently using LHFHG w/ my dd who will be 5 tomorrow. We have been using it for over a month now and it is going very well. She really seems to enjoy the curriculum and I enjoy the minimal planning time involved. Because everything is all laid out and simple we are able to finish school in about an hour. This works out great for me since I also have a ds who is 3. Both of my kids realy enjoy the Hide Em in Your Heart CD and ask to listen to it in the car. It has really helped both of them to memorize the scriptures each week.

I am already looking into BLHFHG for next year. I look forward to chatting with you all in the future.

God bless, Gina

Candice

Post by Candice » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:55 pm

Hi Gina,
Just wanted to say hello, we are in So. Cal as well in the Ventura County area.
I have a dd almost 4 and a dd just 6 months. We have just started Little Hands To Heaven which we use in addition to Sonlight. I really like LHTH, my daughter is absorbing so much from our bible readings. I think it is helping to lay a great foundation for a relationship with God for her. We look forward to starting LHFHG next time around.

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:11 pm

It is nice to know there is someone else from Southern California on this board. BTW, I am in Riverside County. Take care, Gina

my3sons

Wish I Was in CA!

Post by my3sons » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:08 pm

Hi CA gals! It's going to be 50 degrees and WINDY here in SD tomorrow. I wish I was in CA with you... my husband and I celebrated our 5 and 10 year anniversaries in San Diego, CA, and they are some of our most special memories of just the 2 of us being together. My almost 8 year old STILL asks me to play the Hide 'Em in Your Heart CD's (we've used both Vol. 1 and II from Heart of Dakota's programs). Glad to hear both of your homeschool years are going well! We're having a super year too (using Bigger... Drawn... and Little Hearts). Looking forward to getting to know you!

My3Sons
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie