Just in case you've missed it, for our next guide...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jewel7123

Re: Just in case you've missed it, for our next guide...

Post by jewel7123 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:42 am

Yes, HOD High School would be AWESOME! :D

Kathleen wrote:Carrie,

It looks great!! It just keeps getting better and better. I'm so glad that I'll never be disappointed about moving onward and upward in our homeschooling. :D Which makes me think that HOD high school would just be fabulous... :wink: I'm pretty sure that our not-so-secret prayer team is still going on that one. :lol:

I'm so thankful for all your wise, prayer-bathed work on the guides!!
:D Kathleen
Jennifer in TX

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:25 am

Kathleen wrote: I'm pretty sure that our not-so-secret prayer team is still going on that one. :lol:

I have heard of such a group, hehehehe! :wink: I think though right now just to keep HOD bathed in our prayers as well as the secret prayers would be wonderful thing. There is so much love and seeking of God that I know is involved in the writing. I just pray that God refreshes, renews and protects all of those concerned and in that if He sees fit to make a path for the future that might involve a High School curriculum I am in line to sign up for that. :lol: But seriously this curriculum is Christ centered and the enemy I believe hates it so in our prayers we need to remember the writing and protection of God's work. I know this next guide is going to be amazing and I can't wait to see what God does through Carrie with it. :D What a blessing to always have something to look forward to each year instead of searching and wondering if you will ever find that "it" thing.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:51 pm

On behalf of my whole family, we are so thankful for your prayers. We feel privileged to be included in your prayers and know God hears them and answers! :D

I agree that there is much Spiritual warfare that takes place when anyone steps out to take a stand for our Lord, and we are well aware that by writing guides that weave God's word so thoroughly throughout them that we are wide open to that warfare. Thank you for each of you who choose to lift up our family and our company to our Lord and Savior. We seek to glorify Him above all and pray that He will guide us in that endeavor!

Blessings,
Carrie

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:41 pm

This changes EVERYTHING for me! I am so excited you will be using Mystery of History! I am always torn between HOD and MOH. Now I don't have to choose!!!
DS 11 Finished CtoC! Moving on to RtoR!
DD 9 Preparing- Hoping to give her the best year possible, and sticking to the guide as written!
DS 4 All About Reading, R&S preschool workbooks, maybe some Little Hands

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Just an update on the history spines for RTR...

At this point it is looking like we will replace the following book:
The Middle Ages: Streams of History by Ellwood Kemp http://www.yesterdaysclassics.com/previ ... review.pdf

With the book below:
Famous Men of the Middle Ages by Memoria Press
Link: https://www.memoriapress.com/descriptio ... -ages.html

We needed a bit better coverage of some of the famous men and women of the middle ages.

Blessings,
Carrie

Marsha

Post by Marsha » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:20 am

Has any of the science books been chosen yet?
Miranda 15 on July 4th
Cassandra 12
Jonathan 10
Sarah 8
Hannah 6
Rachel 4
Abigail 2
Rebecca born in Sept.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:01 pm

And one more update on the history spines... We have ended up switching the Synge book (which I do love) for a book by Samuel Harding (which I honestly love even more). This is because the Harding book tells more of a continuous story and matches better overall when coordinating with Famous Men of the Middle Ages, Mystery of History III, Monks and Mystics, Diana Waring What in the World Volume II, and the Draw and Write book. It fills in some important pieces of history and helps kiddos understand how it all fits together. It is also a bit tougher book but is so narrative that it makes a very interesting read. So, we're excited to have an actual schedule of readings in place for my oldest son from the new guide and to have the spines firmly in place. :D

Here's a link to the Harding book: http://www.yesterdaysclassics.com/previ ... review.pdf

As far as the science goes, we're still testing and deciding on that. :D We'll be talking more about the new guide coming up in the next month. We're very excited about it!

Blessings,
Carrie

homeschoolmumNZ

Post by homeschoolmumNZ » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:40 am

Hi
I am new to this forum,
When do you think this programme will be available to but please? It sounds perfect for my older children .Thanks and God Bless
Ann

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Ann,

I believe that the plan is that HOD will have this guide (Hearts for Him Through Time: Renaissance to Reformation) ready to ship to families August 1 of 2010. This is the plan they've followed with the other guides that they've been releasing. Carrie is having her oldest pilot the history portion...and then wants the guide to be ready to use with her 2nd son every year.

HOD is a huge blessing to our family! I know that the ladies here are great about helping you think through placing your kids in the program that will "fit", so feel free to ask away!

Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:00 am

Kathleen's right! The packages for the new guide will be up on the website coming in late February or early March. The plan is for the guide itself and the full-color student notebooking pages to ship the first week of August in 2010. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:13 am

Carrie, can you give us a hint about what direction the science will be taking? THANKS!
DD 9 Preparing- Hoping to give her the best year possible, and sticking to the guide as written!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:36 pm

At this point in time we are firmly considering using God's Design for Heaven and Earth 3 book series: Our Planet Earth, Our Weather and Water, and Our Universe. These have been newly re-released in full color (and are beautiful) and have additions for a challenge section (to take it further in each lesson for up through 8th grade), along with a Teacher Supplement (with complete answers and a printable CD for all needed pages). We really like the looks of these for our earth science focus in RTR. :D Science would be done this way 3 times a week, with the fourth day being devoted to a chapter (and written narration) from a biography about an earth scientist to give it a more living feel. :D

We are currently planning two options for the biography part. One option would use Exploring Planet Earth by John Hudson Tiner, Along Came Galileo, and a biography of Isaac Newton. The other option would include Champions of Science by Tiner, Along Came Galileo, a biography of Isaac Newton, and one more (possibly a biography of Kepler). The reason for having two options is that some parents will already have used Exploring Planet Earth in our extension pack in Bigger Hearts, so those parents could select the other option. :D

Anyway, this is where are thoughts currently are right now. We are very excited about this plan! :wink:

Now for those of you who desire a different science path, rest assured that the beauty of HOD is that you can easily choose a different science path if desired. However, for those of you who love it all planned out for you, we pray you'll love the variety of science materials you get to use from year to year through HOD.

Blessings,
Carrie

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:09 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Doing a little happy dance here!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:17 pm

That all sounds great! Can't wait to see it as it develops. I love that we get to peek! :D Love all the programs we are using now but it is fun to think about the future and knowing what is coming and going in the guide somehow satisfies the curriculum junkie in me. :wink: It all sounds great and we can't wait to use it next year. My oldest feels so special to always be the one to use the new program each year. My ds has recently been trying to convince me to allow him to do CTC and Preparing, hahaha! And this is the one that used to just want school to be over. :lol: We are on board for the next three to seven guides depending on how God leads. :wink: Either way praying God blesses your family in the process as much as he blesses us to use HOD. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:50 pm

water2wine wrote:I love that we get to peek! :D Love all the programs we are using now but it is fun to think about the future and knowing what is coming and going in the guide somehow satisfies the curriculum junkie in me. :wink:
I'm right there with you Brenda! :lol: I feel like I just found something wonderful every time Carrie lets us know what's coming! :D I'm so glad that the Lord led me to HOD before I had a chance to become a real, big purchasing curriculum junkie. With HOD, I know that we are going to use and love absolutely everything I buy!! :D What a great value!!

Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH