heart warmer

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mamaloves4

heart warmer

Post by mamaloves4 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi,

I just have to share this! After doing the Poetry box in CTC Unit 1 Day 3, my oldest dd said, "Mom, we make a great team in school!" It really warmed my heart because we often butt heads. I am more of a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl and she is more rigid, AND we both like to be in charge! I just want to encourage any of you out there who have a 'difficult' child, that there are moments of sweet brilliance that make everything worth it! I so appreciate HOD because it gives me the feeling of 'flying by the seat of my pants" and it gives my dd routine with the boxes!

By the way, we are enjoying CTC and we seem to have hit a really good order of events for all of us! My dd in Beyond things school is fun and loves doing it. I love spending that time with just her.

HOD is a blessing to our family!

Jess
Jessica
married for 12 years to Chuck
dd10--Creation to Christ
dd7--Beyond
ds4--LHTH
dd2--filling our days with joy and LHTH fingerplays and stories

Candice

Re: heart warmer

Post by Candice » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Jess, that's awesome! :D
It seriously warmed my heart too!

Yay for your blessings.

Candice :D

Mamma Joy

Post by Mamma Joy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Jess,

Awww!!! :lol:

Moments like that are precious, remember to write them down as the kinder grow so fast!
Thanks for sharing.
Joyanna
Wife to Mr. Wonderful for 18 yrs
Priviledged Mama to be able to homeschool 4 great kids
DD T.O.D. to be a Keeper
DD bigger with ext. & TOD
DS bigger
DD bigger
Tutor to many
DITHOR for all

O God Your Word has given me life.Psalm 119:50

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:46 pm

Jess,

I KNOW exactly what you mean, as my oldest and I can butt heads too! :D I'm thrilled that CTC is giving both you and your daughter what you need and that it is fitting both of your personalities! :D

Thanks so much for sharing your daughter's words. They warmed my heart today! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie