Which Bible do I use for the memory work in BLHFHG?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
savedbyloveandmercy

Which Bible do I use for the memory work in BLHFHG?

Post by savedbyloveandmercy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:29 am

Hi, ladies! I'm working on getting all organized for BLHFHG, and I'm writing the spelling words and bible verses out on index cards now, so I will have them ready when I need them.
I am wondering which translation is recommended for the memory work? I see that Carrie says to use the KJV or the NIV for Bible Study in the guide, but I don't see a recommendation for the memory work.
Last year, when we did LHFHG, I would write the scriptures in KJV, but found that when we listened to the 'Hide 'em in your heart' cd, the scriptures were a different translation. I have both KJV and NIV, so we can go either way. I just don't want it to be confusing for my son.

Thanks for your help, as always! :D

crlacey

Re: Which Bible do I use for the memory work in BLHFHG?

Post by crlacey » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:41 am

On the Hide 'Em In Your Heart vol 2 CD insert here is the list of versions used.

1. NASB
2. NIV
3. NIV
4. NIV
5. NIV
6. NKJV
7. NKJV
8. NKJV
9. NIV
10. NKJV
11. NIV
12. NKJV
13. NKJV
14. NIV
15. NKJV
16. NASB
17. NIV
18. NIV
19. NKJV
20. NIV
21. NIV

So it looks pretty mixed on this CD
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:49 am

I'd just use whatever Bible you like best. :D We used the NIV, and that matched with the songs a good portion of the time. When it didn't match, we just sang with the CD, and I let them say the verse either way. We hi-lighted the verses in their Bibles too, and that's been something we do each year, so it's been fun to watch the verses they know grow. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

savedbyloveandmercy

Post by savedbyloveandmercy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Thanks for your help, Ladies!

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:40 am

my3sons wrote:We hi-lighted the verses in their Bibles too, and that's been something we do each year, so it's been fun to watch the verses they know grow. :D

In Christ,
Julie
This is such a neat idea! 8) I had decided that this would be a really cool thing to look back at over the years! I just had such a hard time trying to figure out which translation of the Bible that I wanted to get my dc since all they have had thus far were the Bible story books and not an actual Bible!!
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."