Does anyone have a supply list for BLHFHG?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
savedbyloveandmercy

Does anyone have a supply list for BLHFHG?

Post by savedbyloveandmercy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi, ladies! I'm wondering if any of you may have a supply list for Beyond Little Hearts? I tried searching through past posts, but didn't see anything specifically for BLHFHG.

Also, I'm looking for ideas for saving and organizing their work. I think it was last week or the week before, there were suggestions for one of the other guides, and using binders and notebooks, etc. Does this ring any bells??

Thanks for your help! :D

In Him,
Briana

crlacey

Re: Does anyone have a supply list for BLHFHG?

Post by crlacey » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:41 am

I know there is a supply list for most of the guides in the yahoo group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeschoolingHODMoms/

For saving work, we are using a 3 ring binder with tabs. I just keep the 3 hole punch close and file all the pages at the end of the school day. So far it's working well.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:05 am

We used a 3 ring binder and plastic sleeves as well. We used copy paper, which fits nicely in plastic sleeves. Anything too large to fit in the sleeves, we 3-hole punched and put in the binder that way. :D We have a binder for each year. It makes it easy to go back and flip through what we've done. The kids are proud of their HOD portfolios, and they're surprised at how far they've come! My oldest always points out how BIG he used to write, and how he used to draw in stick people. It's neat to see how much they've improved over the years! :D It also helps my middle ds feel fine about his large writing and drawing, knowing big brother wasn't always as good at it as he is now. :wink:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:30 am

For Beyond, my son has a copywork notebook (we copy spelling sentences AND poetry in there), a poetry folder (for keeping the illustrated copies of the poems), and an "artwork" folder for anything random. I also have a set of notecards bound like a little notebook spelling words.
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

MomtoJGJE

Post by MomtoJGJE » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:52 am

We also use a 2" binder that I put anything loose in.... we also have a 1 subject notebook that we use for spelling and copywork.