Is it ok to use an older edition of a book for BLHFHG?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
savedbyloveandmercy

Is it ok to use an older edition of a book for BLHFHG?

Post by savedbyloveandmercy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:14 pm

I had already purchased "Boys and Girls of Colonial Days" last year at a used homeschool book sale, but I see the one being used for BLHFHG is a newer edition. Should I order the new one, or will it be ok to use the older one? I also have the same question for some of the readers. I find books from the 'boy interest' and 'classic interest' sections, and I'll buy them, but sometimes they're older editions, too. Thanks for your help, ladies!

sharonb

Re: Is it ok to use an older edition of a book for BLHFHG?

Post by sharonb » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:58 pm

I originally tried to save some $ by getting old editions (or free internet copies) of some of the books. I found it to be very frustrating to figure out which pages to read, so when I got some extra money I went ahead and ordered the books I needed directly from HOD.

I think there are page numbers listed in the Beyond manual for two different editions of Boys and Girls..., but I think they are both from the same year, just different font sizes. So, if you have an edition from a previous year, then you'd have to try to figure out what you are supposed to be reading (which isn't always easy!).

funkmomma71

Re: Is it ok to use an older edition of a book for BLHFHG?

Post by funkmomma71 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:23 pm

The page numbers for the older edition of Boy and Girls are included in the guide, so you are all set to go!
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017