We start tomorrow!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mommyofgirls

We start tomorrow!

Post by mommyofgirls » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 am

okay, i have my schedule ready (i think), i am prepared (i think), and i am ready (I hope) to start LHFHG with my kindergartener and LHTH with my 3 yo. :lol: i have popped in and out and talked with some of you and i just wanted to say how excited i am to begin our homeschooling journey! :)

edited for spelling error! :oops: :P
Wife to my wonderful husband for 8 years
dd5 - LHFHG, Abeka phonics, Horizons math
dd3 - LHTH
dd1 - bringing me Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and sitting in my lap :)

RachelB

Re: We start tomorrow!

Post by RachelB » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:12 pm

Have fun! I can't wait until we start in September!
Rachel

mommy to
Kailee - 12
Gracie - 8
Kaden - 7
Mollie - 3
Brynlee - 5 months

2 ^^ in heaven
happily married to Brian for 12 years

2014- 2015 - Using RevtoRev, Preparing, Beyond & maybe LHTH!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:49 pm

mommyofgirls wrote:okay, i have my schedule ready (i think), i am prepared (i think), and i am ready (I hope) to start LHFHG with my kindergartener and LHTH with my 3 yo. :lol: i have popped in and out and talked with some of you and i just wanted to say how excited i am to begin our homeschooling journey! :)

edited for spelling error! :oops: :P
Your schedule is ready (I know), you're prepared (I know), and you're ready (I know) to start LHFHG and LHTH!!! :lol: HOORAY - hop in the saddle and take off - you are in for a wonderful ride! :) I'm excited for you to start - remember though, you have all year to do this - so give yourself an adjustment period. I always have to remind myself of that! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Candice

Post by Candice » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi Mommyofgirls!

I know that you and your girls are really going to enjoy your day tomorrow! (I am looking forward to your report! :wink: )

Just be prepared for lots and lots of fingerplay songs and rhymes in motion to be repeated throughout your house long after school time is over!
I remember Danielle continuously singing:

"Adam, can you believe, God made the animals and you and me."
"Adam can you believe..."

Candice :D

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Yeah! You are going to love it! Have fun and enjoy! :D We just finished LHFHG and we absolutely loved it. Have a great day!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

creekmama

Post by creekmama » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:05 pm

I'm starting tomorrow, too! I'll pray for us both tonight!
Kelley
Peter (12, Res to Ref)
Betsy (9, Preparing)

mommyofgirls

Post by mommyofgirls » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:48 pm

thanks for the encouragement!! :D i'll post tomorrow and let you all know who much i screwed up on our first day. :wink: :lol: j/k thanks for the thoughts and prayers - they are much appreciated. :)
dd3 - LHTH
dd1 - bringing me Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and sitting in my lap :)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Very VERY excited for you! It's your very first day EVER! How THRILLING!!!! (Big Smile) Stopping right now and lifting up a little prayer that you would feel the perfect peace of your Lord and Savior;-)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

mommyofgirls

Post by mommyofgirls » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:50 pm

MamaMary wrote:Very VERY excited for you! It's your very first day EVER! How THRILLING!!!! (Big Smile) Stopping right now and lifting up a little prayer that you would feel the perfect peace of your Lord and Savior;-)

Thanks for the prayers!

We DID do some Sonlight pre/k last year with some k math and language arts thrown in, but i had a baby and a 2 yo, and it was "just preschool" so i didn't feel the pressure of "doing school" every day. this year is a bigger deal for us - we have talked it up as kindergarten with my 5 yo (many of her friends are going to "away school" as we call it), so tomorrow seems like a big deal to us. it is the culmination of a seed planted in my heart when my daughter was 8 months old. ("Really, Lord...homeschooling?! Please tell me you are kidding!!") :lol: As it turns out, He wasn't. :wink:

And off we go!!! 8)
dd3 - LHTH

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:27 pm

It will be WONDERFUL. :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

jensmom

Post by jensmom » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:47 pm

We start Bigger tomorrow for 2nd grade. I have our workboxes all loaded and ready to go. I am very eager to get underway. :D

Judy
2nd year HODie/homeschooler - Using Bigger for 2nd grade
dd - 7 - June '02
Metro Atlanta

Jen in Va

Post by Jen in Va » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:28 am

Our official start is today, too. Ds has been doing Beyond for 7 units, but today we add his high school sister to the mix. Since we finished Little Hearts, school has been hit or miss due to it being bonus/keep skills sharp time, but now, it's buckle down and do school every day time. Everyone have a great day! I have a couple of changes to make to dd's schedule, put in some laundry, and then we're off!
Jen
Hsing mom of 3:
DS (20) college, home educated k-12
DD (17) 12th grade (2009-10), home educated
DS (6) Beyond (2009-10, have already started--loving it, btw!)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Ladies,

How exciting that so many of you are beginning this week. I pray that you are settling in and getting over the hump that the beginning of school can bring (although you all look much more organized than I typically am when I start school)! :D

I am VERY impressed! Enjoy your week! :D

Blessings,
Carrie