Hello! :0)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
pizzajenc

Hello! :0)

Post by pizzajenc » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Hello Everyone,
I'm Jen, very happily married for 11 years to my hubby John; we have 2 wonderful boys, Chris 7 and Charlie 6. This will be my first year of homeschooling! Yay! Chris will be in 2nd. grade next year and Charlie will be in an ESE Kindergarten class...Charlie is in the Autism spectrum. I'm going to be homeschooling my 7 year old Chris, and I would be homeschooling my 6 year old also, actually I was planning on it, but I have had a lot of medical issues lately, and hubby and I prayed about it, and it is just too difficult right now for me to home-school both. Thankfully the school Charlie will be attending has a wonderful ESE program, with a 3 student to teacher ratio; it is still my goal to be able to home-school them both by next year! :0) Boy, there sure are a lot of choices out there, I thank the Lord that a dear friend recommended this program! We decided on doing Bigger Hearts for His Glory...we are doing everything in it except the handwriting, we will be using the handwriting course through Rod and Staff, along with some other workbooks through Rod and Staff...Chris loves worksheets! We are also going to be using Hooked on Phonics for extra reinforcement; Chris is having trouble reading; we have already begun the Hooked on Phonics program, he is doing awesome and I feel Chris should be up to 2nd. grade level by the time school starts in a few weeks! Well, that’s about it, I am so excited about homeschooling, and I’m looking so forward to meeting you ladies! :0) PLEASE feel free to offer advise...I could use all I can get!
In His love,
Jen :0)
:D

Jen in Va

Re: Hello! :0)

Post by Jen in Va » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:47 am

Welcome, Jen! You'll find lots of us here (Jens, I mean). I think you will really enjoy Bigger. We're looking forward to it next year with my 6 yo son. We've been schooling all summer with him, although he's been on a 10 day camping vacation at the beach with his grandparents. Our official school start day is Monday, August 10. I have made some last minute changes to curriculum for my 17 yo, so she will start at half speed until her new stuff arrives.
Jen
Hsing mom of 3:
DS (20) college, home educated k-12
DD (17) 12th grade (2009-10), home educated
DS (6) Beyond (2009-10, have already started--loving it, btw!)

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Welcome! :D
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

creekmama

Post by creekmama » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi, Jen. I'm new this year, too. I hope you have a great year!
Kelley
Peter (12, Res to Ref)
Betsy (9, Preparing)

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:41 am

Welcome, Jen. :D
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Jen,

I just wanted to pop-in an welcome you too! :D We're glad to have you here and are looking forward to getting to know you even better. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

pizzajenc

Post by pizzajenc » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:32 am

Thank you everyone for your welcome! I am very excited to start in a few weeks!
In His love,
Jen :0)