"Lurkers" Unveil Week!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:12 pm

So glad to have you here Kay, Crystal, and Christa! :D Aren't the ladies on the board so uplifting and encouraging! We are blessed to have a family-tone to the board because of all of you wonderful moms that pour yourselves into making other moms feel welcome.

Thanks for all you do! I can see Christ's light shining through each of you! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Re: Hi, my name is Christa and I am a Lurker! :D

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:44 am

granolamom6 wrote:Ever since my dear friend Mary started investigating HOD, I have been coming to the board and reading and learning. :D

I have to say that the friendliness of the people here would be enough to get me interested in HOD! But, the curriculum stands on its own, and so, today, I will be starting LHFHG with my 6 year old dd and continuing LHTH with my 3 year old dd. :D

I also plan on purchasing PHFHG when it is released to use with my 12 year old ds and my 10 year old dd together.

Thank you for drawing me out of "lurkdom" :D I look forward to joining in the discussions here.
Hi Christa! Isn't Mary wonderful? She is a person that just "lights" up the world with her faith! I agree with you about the board here - what a joy it is to gather here with other encouraging HOD moms.

Be sure and share how LHFHG and LHTH are going with us! We want to celebrate your new beginnings here. I'll be doing PHFHG next year as well. This year we're doing LHFHG, Bigger..., and DITHOR. I hope you have a wonderful first week, and be sure and stay retired out of "lurkdom"! We like to "see" ya here!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Ronda

Hi...

Post by Ronda » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:17 am

Not sure if I'm considered a lurker or not, but I haven't posted in awhile, so I guess I'll jump in here. We will be starting Bigger Hearts & DITHOR next fall and I'm considering Little Hands for my 5 yo ds. I do read the posts nearly everyday, but usually don't reply much since I don't have any experience with HOD yet. :)
Ronda
Married 26 years to one wonderful husband!
Mama to 5 great kids
22, 18, 11, 10, & 6

Marsha

Here is my introduction...

Post by Marsha » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:52 pm

I have 6 children, ages 11, 8, 7, 4 (almost 5), 2, and 4 months.
We just started using Bigger for the oldest 3 and I bought Little Hearts to use with my almost 5 year old and Little Hands to use with my 2 year old.
I am very pleased with this curriculum. I feel like I can actually get all of it done.

:D

my3sons

Re: Hi...

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:48 pm

Ronda wrote:Not sure if I'm considered a lurker or not, but I haven't posted in awhile, so I guess I'll jump in here. We will be starting Bigger Hearts & DITHOR next fall and I'm considering Little Hands for my 5 yo ds. I do read the posts nearly everyday, but usually don't reply much since I don't have any experience with HOD yet. :)
Hi Ronda! I'm so glad you introduced yourself, and we're doing Bigger and DITHOR right now. I think you'll love doing these programs. I've done Little Hands now several times, and I also think you'd enjoy that too. It always helped me get in some one-on-one time with the little one before heading off to the older one(s).

Even if you don't have HOD experience, we still want to get to know you!!! :D Maybe you could chime in on the lighthearted things (i.e. Did you read the Mel's Diner thread? :lol:), or even on the prayer requests. Also, I see you have a 21 yo and a 16 yo... Ronda, I think I could learn a LOT from you! Anyway, however you do it, be sure to hang up your lurker shoes and jump in whenever you can! So glad you're here!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Re: Here is my introduction...

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:54 pm

Marsha wrote:I have 6 children, ages 11, 8, 7, 4 (almost 5), 2, and 4 months. We just started using Bigger for the oldest 3 and I bought Little Hearts to use with my almost 5 year old and Little Hands to use with my 2 year old. I am very pleased with this curriculum. I feel like I can actually get all of it done.

:D
Hi Marsha! Isn't that a super feeling to be able to "get it all done"?!? I remember various past experiences I've had with other programs when I was tense about the day from the moment my eyes opened, still lying in bed waking up!!! It's nice to start each day stress-free and feeling like we can actually finish everything we need to. I'm so glad you introduced yourself here, and it'll be great to get to know you more!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:56 pm

I'm so glad you posted, Marsha and Ronda! :D It's nice to hear about your kiddos and about your new journey with HOD. We look forward to getting to know you better! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Candice

Post by Candice » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Marsha and Ronda,

Welcome, we look forward to getting to know you both!

P.S. I don't have much experience with HOD either but that doesn't stop me from posting like a "crazy woman"!

Candice

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:34 pm

:D Glad to meet you Ronda and Marsha!

Ronda...it looks like our years will be really similar next fall. I'm planning to start Bigger and DITHOR, and continue LHTH. Can't wait!
(I also don't have much experience...only with LHTH, but have learned SO much from this board!! :P )

Thank you ladies!
Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:01 pm

Welcome! It's so nice to meet new faces and to see old ones (Ronda and Christa :wink: )

I'm loving this thread. It makes me want to break out and sing..., "We are F-A-M-I-L-Y" :D :D :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/