Is ANYONE else doing Hearts for HIm Through Time?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Cynthia828

Is ANYONE else doing Hearts for HIm Through Time?

Post by Cynthia828 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 am

This coming year? I noticed no one talking about it. Now I am nervous as this is my FIRST year home schooling!

eazbnsmom

Re: Is ANYONE else doing Hearts for HIm Through Time?

Post by eazbnsmom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:42 am

I know there are a lot of ladies doing HFHTT CTC this year. We are! :D This is the first year for the manual and it just shipped yesterday....so not much hubbub yet!
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

Cynthia828

Post by Cynthia828 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:45 am

Awesome! I was very torn between the one before and this one, but my son really is interested in early history, so I opted for this one. We start Aug. 24. I look forward to a forum going up where I can get some feed back. I guess I am just a nervous first timer! LOL. Also, now I know that HFHTT is CTC, so hopefully that will clarify some confusion!

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 am

We are! My daughter will be doing CTC. We start Aug. 17th.
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

Chandlerr2

Post by Chandlerr2 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:06 am

We are, too. My 11 year old son will be starting next week, assuming our books arrive by then. I'll look forward to comparing notes with you! :D

~Chandler

Momtoamayalilal2

Post by Momtoamayalilal2 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:32 am

We are also! I am using it with my 10 yr old 5th grade ds :) Tentatively starting on the 17th!
Mama to 7!
Oldest (18)
Dd 12-
Ds-9
Dd-7
Dd-4
Ds-2
Dd-brand new!

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BEYOND, CTC,WG over the years and always come back to Hod after a a season! :lol:

Larissa

Post by Larissa » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:35 am

My sister will be using it with her 5th grade daughter, and this is her first year homeschooling. I can't wait to her all the chatter about it!
Larissa
Wife to Rich (14 years)
Mommy to Martin(9)(Preparing), Aaron(7)(Beyond), Jonathan(5), and Rosalie(3)

horsinaround

Post by horsinaround » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:38 am

We are too! I think there are quite a few of us! We just mostly call it CTC (Creation to Christ) instead of Hearts for Him Through Time.

We are super excited to get started!

Blessings,
Linda
Wife of one great guy and
Mom to dd 17, dd12, and ds11

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:46 am

We are too and can't wait to start! I think there a bunch of us out there, but it's tough to talk about a program we're not doing yet. :lol: The manuals are on their way though - HOORAY! I feel like a kid at Christmas. :D Can't wait to go through CTC with all of you this year! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

patekake

Post by patekake » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:13 am

My 11 year old daughter and I are set to begin our journey with CTC on August 17. Yay!!

Patti
Wife of 27 years to Gene
25 year old dd (hs, ps, cs), working on Master's
23 year old dd (hs, ps, cs), Dental Assistant
13 year old dd, homeschooled, CTC (2009) and beginning RTR Aug, 2010

ShellyM

Post by ShellyM » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:14 am

We are too and I can't wait! My 12 yo dd will be doing it for 7th grade. Waiting anxiously for the TM and student notebook pages! Since I live in South Dakota (other side of the state from Carrie) I should get it pretty quick.!
We won't be starting til Aug. 31. Looking forward to hearing how you all like it! :D
Shelly
Shelly
Wife of 15 years to Eric
Mom to 4 great kids dd12, ds7, ds4, dd almost 1 yr.

4froggies

Post by 4froggies » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:00 pm

We are too! (along with LHFHG) I am hoping to start next week, probably half-speed. I am so excited to get the materials and go through them!
Beth

Mom to 5 great kiddos (15,11,8,5,2) and one due in October!

shaybird

Post by shaybird » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:58 pm

We couldn't wait and started this week at half pace using the website week at a glance for the guide. My TM and notebooking pages should be here in the next few days so we are going slowly this week and maybe next to enjoy warming up to the material. I am thrilled with the material. My daughter is as well. My 5yodd is loving LHFHG. I have modified CTC for more independent study because my daughter is almost 12 and capable. We have great discussions about her readings and her projects. Hopefully, this will continue!!
Sharyn in HOT Florida

rainbowacreshs

Post by rainbowacreshs » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:53 pm

Hi there! My dd-12 (13 in Nov.) will be doing CTC. This is our first time using HOD. Due to financial pinches we are starting with the Economy pk. I'll supplement in the extension readings either from the library and or use any suggested book lists that would fit the genres, time periods, and reading levels until I can buy the pkgs. I'm using another science since we did a lot of life science last year.
Just using the 1st week-peek as a guide, I'm finding it very easy to modify and schedule in my own science and language arts simply by following the format of the boxes. I am truly looking forward to year that will cut down on extra planning and organize our school day.

For my little dd, we are going to go gently into LHTH, doing only a couple boxes a day with the focus on music, fingerplays (probably the 1st parts only) and shortened stories to fit her attention span. I'll do LHTH with her during older dd's independent study times.

:) Eagerly Awaiting TM and NBing Pgs!
~Jasmine~
Married to a wonderful hubby since '95
DD Kasey 14 RTR Sept. '11 - June '12
DD Typhoon Tiffy 3yrs old beggining LHTH

Lil Ruth born April 25 2011..and just a pure joy!

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:16 am

My 11 year old 6th grader is using it. We also couldn't wait and started this week at half pace using the website week at a glance for the guide. My youngers are doing Bigger and HTH and my olders are doing Worlviews of the Western World plus some things I scheduled for them.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.