Is ANYONE else doing Hearts for HIm Through Time?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Re: Is ANYONE else doing Hearts for HIm Through Time?

Post by MamaMary » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:46 am

shaybird wrote:We couldn't wait and started this week at half pace using the website week at a glance for the guide. My TM and notebooking pages should be here in the next few days so we are going slowly this week and maybe next to enjoy warming up to the material. I am thrilled with the material. My daughter is as well. My 5yodd is loving LHFHG. I have modified CTC for more independent study because my daughter is almost 12 and capable. We have great discussions about her readings and her projects. Hopefully, this will continue!!
Sharyn in HOT Florida
SHARYN! I think you should win some sort of prize! That is AWESOME! :wink: :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Yes, we will be using CTC too! So exciting to hear that some have gotten their manuals and student pages already. I'm anxiously watching the mail box each day! :D
I have an 11yo dd using it for 6th grade, and we plan to start Aug 18. The 17th is our First Day where we pull everything out - oogle and organize things a bit, and go "shopping" in my school supply cupboard for the notebooks and such that they choose to use for each subject. Just a fun day really.
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
World History (11th gr. dd)
HOD Users since 2007

crystal

Post by crystal » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi cynthia828,
this is also our first yr. HS. We are using CTC. I am very excited about using Heart Of Dakota!
Crystal
Crystal
dd 11.5 CTC
dd 2.5
NC

newat2

Post by newat2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:18 pm

We are! Just got the manual and notebook pages in the mail today! They are fabulous and I can't say enough good things about them. As a former graphic designer and art director I am soooo impressed with the design and layout of the notebook pages. (I hope Carrie gets sees that kudo.) They are beautiful. I am doing it with my son who will be starting 5th. This is our first year doing HOD and we are starting Aug 17th.
Nancy

kayrenee

Post by kayrenee » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Using it with a 5th grader here this year. :)