Ready.... Set...GO!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
spidermansmum

Ready.... Set...GO!

Post by spidermansmum » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Tomorrow is our first day of the new school year,new curriculums,the first time I will be managing two curriculums....
The visual timetable is really helpful for all kids but a must for kids with aspergers.Here is the one I made for our new curriculum

I replaced our refridgerator this weekend[yay we have a working freezer again]- so I decided to recycle the drawers- and hold teh school work for the day- sort of a workbox...Im hoping it helps him to see what we have to do that day.

Just for tomorrow I have the masking tape globe set up for tommorows activity in Beyond

All the books are bookmarked in the correct places,spellings are on the index cards,pencil sorted,.....lets hope it goes well. :wink:
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

Tansy

Re: Ready.... Set...GO!

Post by Tansy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:03 pm

looks lovely! I hope all your preparations work wonderful!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

3sweeties

Post by 3sweeties » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:13 pm

Looks wonderful!!! :D Hope you have an awesome first day!!!
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Sam, it looks GREAT! I'll be thinking of you in the morning. (Big Excited Smile)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:19 pm

Sam,

Have fun tomorrow! :D I'm sure that you'll have a wonderful year!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Looks wonderful! Your globe is impressive. :) We are doing Beyond too and LOVING it. Hope you have an awesome 1st day!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:46 am

It went so well today.I only did Half of LHTH- That is my plan- he is very young and I want to stretch LHTH out .
Beyond----I forgot to do the sack thing before we did the biography :shock: and we didnt do the copywork,but we did the full curriculum- and untill a day or so ago the plan had been to start at half speed-I changed my mind and decided to grab the bull by the horns so to speak and do the full day.I am amazed we did it :D ,so having started - my last minute jitters disolved.I love HOD :D :D :D
currently Using

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:07 pm

HIP! HIP! HOORAY! Sam - I am so proud of your ds, and your LHTH kiddo too! That was a first day to celebrate. :)

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:29 pm

The beauty of homeschooling is that you won't always do thing perfectly, in order, as they should be...but it doesn't matter because you have the time to go back and do what you need to do! :)

Bigger is awesome, wonderful, and incredible! I started out with the plan to not use the Bible study and to continue with what we had been doing. Then, I started reading the Bible study section and it is amazing! Just what we needed - especially in Bigger. The verse from Unit 2 hgas hit my son at a time when he really needed to be knocked down a notch on the bragging. He asked Jesus into his life when he was 7 years old and he takes very seriously what God has commanded him to do. I love it so much that yesterday, I placed the order for the Devotionals and Hymn books from HOD. To omit even a little of this program would be doing my kids an injustice, I think!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Sam - That's great!! :D I'm sure all your hard work getting Nathan into a routine last year is still paying off. Woo-hoo!

Rebecca - I agree with you that the Bible study in Bigger is just wonderful. The Lord brought so many things to our attention last year that were timely. :wink: I would have a hard time saying that anything in Bigger should be skipped, too. It's all so good! :D

All right, I'm so excited to get going with school now! :D :wink:

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Sam,

I'm so impressed that you just jumped in and did it! It sounds like you had a great first day. :D

I am an overplanner by nature and then must finally just jump in too! I'm celebrating that you're traveling through your first week right now, knowing the first week can have its learning curve. :D I'll pray for you today!

Blessings,
Carrie

gotpeace91

Post by gotpeace91 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Yeah Sam!! I have been watching your tickers over the last few weeks and I am excited for you that you finally got to your first week and that it is going so well! You are such a great Mom to have all these things prepared and organized to make it easier for your ds to enjoy school. Glad you were able to do the full day of Beyond and that it went well. Keep up the good work!

Leah :)
~Leah
Wife to the Man I Love since 1994
DS 15 Missions to Modern Marvels
DD 14 Resurrection to Reformation

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:13 am

Thankyou all so much for your support and encouragement :D
currently Using

kayben

Post by kayben » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:32 am

That looks WONDERFUL! you are so creative! I always have great ideas in my head, but can't actually make them work :lol:
Rebecca, Wife to amazing DH 21yrs..
dd 15 10th grade PS,ds 14 8th grade PS
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2