We Love Beyond and Bigger even more than we thought!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

We Love Beyond and Bigger even more than we thought!!

Post by Tree House Academy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:39 pm

We started both manuals (2 different aged children) on Monday. My little one is just EATING IT UP! He love reading about Pedro and Catalina, is spellbound by Squanto, and thought the blubber was so much fun that he coated his entire arm in it. Took me FOREVER to get the Crisco off that kid! But, you know what, we are having FUN! For the first time since I started homeschooling him, the fun is there!

My older son is enjoying Bigger too. He is doing the extensions, so he is really getting a lot from his History right now.

However, my favorite is DITHR. Wow. We have had the BEST discussions regarding the questions in DITHR.

I just want to say that I am SO GLAD I went with HOD. I was hoping and praying that we would love it this much, and it exceeds our expectations. As a matter of fact, there is so much fun built in to HOD that I cancelled our co-op for this year (art classes - an hour drive ONE WAY from us) and have decided to do the whole 5 day schedule in HOD. The art is fantastic and the reading is so much fun.

We are doing workboxes too and all that planning I did earlier really paid off. My kids love seeing the stuff in the boxes disappear. They know when breaks are coming and they can see what lies ahead just by looking in their boxes. My older son anticipated his art activity all day long and knowing that it was in there waiting on him made him work that much better and more diligently to get to it.

Just want to share our early impressions of HOD. Thanks so much for such a wonderful program. It has been an answer to many prayers.
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

MamaMary

Re: We Love Beyond and Bigger even more than we thought!!

Post by MamaMary » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:10 pm

Rebecca,

What a GREAT testimony! I love it! Are you taking pictures to share in your week in review? It's okay if you're not, but if you are I want to make sure I see them;-) Your review was liking having a nice cup of coffee in the afternoon. It's time to get EXCITED about school! (((Big Happy Smile)))
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:55 pm

I had not really taken any pictures, but I can start! :) We still have two more days left in the week. :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Rebecca,

I'm so excited that your kiddos (and you) are finding joy in HOD! We pray for the Lord to lead those to HOD who will be blessed by it, and He is always faithful! :D

You are so gracious to share your enthusiasm, and it blessed my soul tonight as we're heading off to bed before getting up to visit with the moms at convention here in Atlanta tomorrow. We pray that you will continue to enjoy your year! :D

I loved the Crisco story! It sounds just like my boys! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Sheila in OK

Post by Sheila in OK » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:40 pm

Thanks for sharing this, Rebecca! I'm trying to get geared up for school this year--we have two more weeks--and it was great to hear how well it's going for you! We're going to be doing Bigger as well.

Sheila
09/10 School year:
DD 11 Bigger w/Extensions
DS 8 Bigger as written

kiloyd

Post by kiloyd » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Thanks for posting! We'll be doing Bigger too.
Katherine
ds 9, Preparing
dd just turned 6, LHFHG
dd 3
and 15 mo old 3 days a week