so i'm a Betty...now what?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Cadam

Re: so i'm a Betty...now what?

Post by Cadam » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:34 pm

kayrenee wrote:So an Olive is organized and Betty is not? What's the in-between person? You know, the kind who WANTS to be organized but isn't, knows HOW to do it, frequently makes sincere efforts at it and becomes totally immersed, but then at some point decides that her family needs clean underwear and something more nutritional than frozen pizza, so lets the organization go for another month or two? You know the kind of person who lives in two worlds?

Hey! That's me! It stinks because I can't get organized but I want to be organized. I wish that I could either accomplish the organization or be happy with the chaos. :roll:
~Christina

Wife to my best friend
Mom to 3 great kids, and teacher to a bonus student
D -12yo, A- 8yo, M -3yo, J 10yo bonus boy
Using MFW- Exp - 1850, MUS, HWT, Introductory Logic and Lively Latin for the big kids
HOD- LHTH for my baby girl

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:13 pm

MamaMary,

Love your testimony! I hope you include it in your book. :D God Bless
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:17 am

eazbnsmom wrote:MamaMary,

Love your testimony! I hope you include it in your book. :D God Bless
(((Thank YOU))) I didn't love the seven year learning curve :roll: but I wouldn't trade it for anything..., God IS GOOD! It feels wonderful to be back home;-)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

mommyofgirls

Post by mommyofgirls » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:37 pm

Mary,

thanks for the reminder to be who God created me to be! :D i think it can be so hard to be a Betty (i'm not saying you olives have it easy either!) because the "traditional" role for a woman is REALLY the Olive if you think about it. (the wife who wants everything perfect, who makes all of the lists and keeps her home running well and orderly...the husband who forgets to pick up his socks and the olive wife who, lovingly, bites her tongue and picks them up anyway). now, i do tend to have high standards for our home, but i do NOT by nature have a gentle and quiet spirit (although God is REALLY working on me in this area!) and i love to sing loudly and dance with my children. i love to have conversations that last for hours about nothing and about everything. i have to work HARD to be organized (not that olives don't...but i do think it comes more naturally to some people). and i WANT to pleast my husbad and i WANT my childrent to live in a well taken care of home. i LOVE organization! i'm just not that great at it sometimes. sometimes i'd rather go get ice cream. LOL to be a betty in an olive world sometimes feels a lot like failure. when your husband cares more about the socks than you do, it feels like...well, like failure.
Wife to my wonderful husband for 8 years
dd5 - LHFHG, Abeka phonics, Horizons math
dd3 - LHTH
dd1 - bringing me Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and sitting in my lap :)