faith?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momof4girls

faith?

Post by momof4girls » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi

I'm in process of ordering my HOD curriculum for my 2 older girls for the first time. We are newbies to HS-ing and very excited to have found HOD! I've been so excited that I've been sharing HOD with everyone I run into. My friend with 6 bouncing boys will be HS her children this fall for the 1st time too. She happens to be Catholic, she was asking me if HOD follow any particular faith? Not sure if this is a silly ? or not, but I personally couldn't answer it, I just liked the curriculum period. Thanks you! Stacey -KS mom
Stacey
Married to my sweet DH (Kelly) for 15 yrs!
Blessed with 4 beautiful girls!
Klaryssa 11 (CTC & DITHOR fall 2010)
Savannah 8 (BHFHG & DITHOR fall 2010)
Victoria 5 (TRL and LHFHG fall 2010)
Isabella 3 (trying to keep up!)

WigglesMom

Re: faith?

Post by WigglesMom » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:25 pm

This is a good post that discusses using HOD and being Catholic. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3594&p=27372&hilit=catholic#p27372
Val

momof4girls

Post by momof4girls » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks Val

I will pass this info along to my gal pal! I think she will find that HOD is flexible to be able to incorporate what she needs for her family. Again, I really appreciate your time here! All of you ladies on this board are truly incredible! Thank you! Thank you! Stacey
Stacey
Married to my sweet DH (Kelly) for 15 yrs!
Blessed with 4 beautiful girls!
Klaryssa 11 (CTC & DITHOR fall 2010)
Savannah 8 (BHFHG & DITHOR fall 2010)
Victoria 5 (TRL and LHFHG fall 2010)
Isabella 3 (trying to keep up!)

asenik

Post by asenik » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:39 pm

I am the person who asked the question in the other email. I got my order for Beyond, and I don't see anything in it that would be a problem. I am finding HOD to be pretty adaptable, but there are some very minor places I might add in something or swap out something to better fit the Catholic faith. I sent you a PM with my email, and I would be happy to talk to your friend if she would find it helpful. So far, I am really impressed with HOD.

Shelly
Shelly
Combining 8 yo DD and 6 yo DD in Beyond and DITHR for 2009/2010