Hide 'Em in your Heart Verses

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LAF512

Hide 'Em in your Heart Verses

Post by LAF512 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Which Bible translation is used on this CD? We have NIV, KJV, NLT, and NIrV, and I noticed it doesn't match any of them. I was hoping to be able to match the verses we were memorizing to the songs. I'm not sure if I want to get yet another translation, but I'm curious as to what it uses.
Lori

wisdom4us

Re: Hide 'Em in your Heart Verses

Post by wisdom4us » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:30 pm

I have found them to match pretty closely to NIV. I think they had words to make it flow better in the song.
~Summer
Using LHFHG & BHFHG 2008-2009
http://wisdom4us.homeschooljournal.net/

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
~William Butler Yeats

LAF512

Post by LAF512 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:37 pm

Ok...once I actually looked inside the CD artwork closer, I found it actually lists the bible translation that they are from. :oops: They appear to be equally mixed between NKJ and the NIV translations. The few verses I tried to look up happened to be from NKJ which is why they didn't match any of our bibles.
Lori

netpea

Post by netpea » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:32 pm

I copied the verses using the same translation as the CD into one of those little spiral index card notebooks for LHFHG. It's been great, because my daughter knows to flip the verse over each week and we have it ready to go without getting the CD insert out every time. Now I need to do that for Beyond.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

LAF512

Post by LAF512 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:42 pm

What a great idea! I'm going to have to steal it! Thanks for sharing!
Lori

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:54 am

netpea wrote:I copied the verses using the same translation as the CD into one of those little spiral index card notebooks for LHFHG. It's been great, because my daughter knows to flip the verse over each week and we have it ready to go without getting the CD insert out every time. Now I need to do that for Beyond.
Ooh! That is a great idea! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)