Today was our last day with LHFHG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
spidermansmum

Today was our last day with LHFHG

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:48 am

Well our last day with Nathan doing LHFHG.I plan on using it with Stanley when the time comes.I am now unschooling for the summer before we start on Beyond in the autumn.
First of all we finished it.There were times when I wanted to send Nathan back to school.Thats not because of HOD ,rather I see that HOD helped me in my first year of homeschooling to survive.I am delighted with the progress Nathan has made .I have had the utter joy of watching him learn to learn.I have seen him make amazing changes and grow into his schooling.I have seen him learn to read.I have seen him learn to count to a hundred,sort coins,early multiplication and begin to tell the time[hours and half hours].I have watched him discover the bible.We have recieved compliments from Ministers on his knowledge of the bible.Nathan can now identify the presidents on Mount Rushmore,amazed the staff at the american museum with his knowledge of the war of independence .He knows where America is on the map and can point out several states and landmarks[not bad considering we are English].He has enjoyed the science and art activities.Nathan has aspergers and ADHD.At times my patience was pushed to the limit.I am utterly grateful to Darci for nudging me to choose HOD and for her prayers and support when I wanted to give up.I can see that another style of curriculum could have ended in a much different outcome.
Carrie Thankyou.I have had an amazing year.
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

FiveLittlePeaches

Re: Today was our last day with LHFHG

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Hey!

We also recently finished LHFHG, and it was such a wonderful feeling not only to finish the program, but to enjoy it along the way. I'm so glad you were able to successfully work through it with your son.

Congratulations! :D :D :D

Joy

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:49 pm

A big hallelujah and congratulations!!! That is a huge accomplishment. Enjoy your uncschooling summer!!!
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Rejoicing with you!! So glad to hear that you had such an awesome experience, it sounds as if God had His hand on you and your ds. We also finished LHFHG just a couple of weeks ago and are looking forward to Beyond...
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

WigglesMom

Post by WigglesMom » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:18 pm

Congratulations on finishing LHFHG. :D
Val

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Awe!! :-)
What an awesome post!!! I know what your year has been like, and to say you've finished it is an AMAZING thing!!! Whoo hoo!!
Way to go, Sam!! ((((hugs))) and High Five!! you DID it!!!!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Sam,

I'm celebrating with you and with Nathan today! HOORAY! :D

I'm so proud of you for finishing LHFHG and thrilled that Nathan has progressed in so many areas. :wink: Enjoy your well-deserved summer break. We'll look forward to beginning Beyond with you when you pick school back up again, as my little Greyson will also be heading into Beyond! :D

Thanks for sharing! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie