bible verse in LHFHG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mommyofgirls

bible verse in LHFHG

Post by mommyofgirls » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:32 am

this is the first time i've ran across a Bible memory verse instruction where the manual just specifies the Bible verse but doesn't actually type out the verse for you...i assume i just use an adult Bible? we have NKJ - we have an NIV around here too i guess...i feel a lot of pressure to make sure i choose the right translation for this, even though we've just memorized abridged versions of verses up until this point. what do you all use for the Bible memorization? i know some of it is personal preference, but i also want it to be age appropriate...thoughts?
Wife to my wonderful husband for 8 years
dd5 - LHFHG, Abeka phonics, Horizons math
dd3 - LHTH
dd1 - bringing me Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and sitting in my lap :)

LeAnna

Re: bible verse in LHFHG

Post by LeAnna » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 am

I use the KJV. I guess I always learned verses from there and it flows nicely. :D

LeAnna
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

happyhomeschooling

Post by happyhomeschooling » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:52 am

When we started LHFHG, I too was suprised that the scripture was not in the box...I soon realized that Carrie in her wisdom wanted us to actually open our Bibles to our children and read (of course I am assuming here, but I'm sure I'm assuming correctly :lol: )
I know I have seen a thread on here on this same subject and everyone said use whatever you are comfortable with. For instance in our home when dh does our family Bible study, he always uses a NKJV, that is what we are use to reading, so that is what we use. We also have a KJV and if we are doing a particular scripture that I feel is worded better in the KJV I will pull that out. My dd (doing Beyond) has an NIV, and when the scripture isn't to long and doesn't have big words she cannot yet pronounce she likes to read it from her own Bible. It is recommended that what ever version you use, you use it for the entire week for that particular scripture. Hope this helps. Blessings
Wife to my best freind for 21 yrs. Mama to Stephaney, Elizabeth, and Victoria who are home with the Lord. Blessed with my Destiney 7, currently using BLHFHG

joyfulness

Post by joyfulness » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:22 am

We use whatever version is used on the Hide 'Em in Your Heart CD. I think it's NIV?
Joy
Navy wife and mom of four:
Mr J (10), Mr M (8), Miss M (6) & Miss B (4)

zookeeperof3monkeys

Post by zookeeperof3monkeys » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:35 am

We use New American version.
Kim
Greensboro, NC
ds 10 Beyond
ds 2 LHTH

mommyofgirls

Post by mommyofgirls » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:30 pm

i figured as such - that she wanted us to use our Bibles with the kids. it really is a good way to do things, i was just a little surprised! we haven't officially started yet but she girls have been begging to do some school, so we got out some stuff today and did some. i got to that part and was like, "I don't have my Bible down here...we'll have to do this later!" LOL I'm really glad now that is set up this way - digging into the Word with my 5 yo is not something i really thought i'd do this year, but i am so glad i am! i know CM always says not to "water down the Word with children's Bibles, etc.", but i was never sure about getting a "big" Bible out. now, i HAVE to! LOL
Wife to my wonderful husband for 8 years
dd5 - LHFHG, Abeka phonics, Horizons math
dd3 - LHTH
dd1 - bringing me Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and sitting in my lap :)

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:18 pm

Actually, around this age is when I started teaching my kiddos how to look up the verses in the Bible themselves. Great practice!
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:36 pm

I think it is wonderful that we can pick the bible version that suits our family. When you get to the devotional you need to have your bible handy because you will be looking up passages for that also. I really love the freedom of HOD!
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:06 am

I pull out my NIV, NASB, KJV, AMP parralel and use which ever one I think will be easiest for the kids. Usually, it ends up being NIV. I read NASB myself.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG