? Ordering Preparing

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momto3ms

? Ordering Preparing

Post by momto3ms » Sat May 16, 2009 7:53 pm

I am putting everything together for my husband to take a look at. I am planning on doing Preparing with extensions for 6th grade and 8th grade for 2009/2010. I am ordering the: Economy Package and Science Adder and the Extensions. Do I also have to order the Basic Package also or is the Extensions the replacement for the "Basic Package"? I am a little confused.

Thanks,

Sonya
www.momto3ms.blogspot.com
------------------------------------------------
Matthew 13yo - 7th grade
MacKenzie 10yo 5th grade
Mason 4yo Preschool
Soon to be official HOD in the new school year

momto3ms

Re: ? Ordering Preparing

Post by momto3ms » Sun May 17, 2009 9:18 pm

anyone?
Matthew 13yo - 7th grade
MacKenzie 10yo 5th grade
Mason 4yo Preschool

WigglesMom

Post by WigglesMom » Sun May 17, 2009 9:52 pm

Since I haven't done PHFHG, I think the extensions are for independent reading and the basic is for the read-alouds. I hope someone else chimes in that has done the program. Just a thought, but have you downloaded the 1st week to see how it is laid out in the plans. That might give you an idea of whether you needed both.
Sorry I couldn't help more.
Val

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Sun May 17, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm almost positive you will need the basic package and the extension package. The basic package covers the read alouds. The extension package would cover the ind. history study. We are using Preparing this year, but my kids are younger, so we are using the easier ind. history package, not the extension. I hope I haven't confused you more. :)

Allison

momto3ms

Post by momto3ms » Mon May 18, 2009 10:58 am

Thanks for responding. I understand now. I thought that the basic package replaced the extensions.

Thanks,

Sonya
Matthew 13yo - 7th grade
MacKenzie 10yo 5th grade
Mason 4yo Preschool

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue May 19, 2009 10:50 am

Sonya,

I'm so glad that you got your questions answered! :D You will need the Basic Package as it is for you to read aloud to your kiddos. The Extension Package is for your kiddos to read on their own as they follow the Extension Pack Schedule in the Appendix of Preparing Hearts (with daily follow-up oral narration/written narration/or notebooking entries of their choice). :D

Blessings,
Carrie