YAY! I have finally decided!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
christyg

YAY! I have finally decided!

Post by christyg » Mon May 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi ladies! My name is Christy. I have posted a few times lately with some questions for you about homeschooling. I have been trying to decide for the past 6 months or so whether or not I was going to do it. I just wanted to say YAY! I have finally decided! We are definitely going to be a homeschooling family this next fall! My husband has really wanted me to do it, but he had left the decision up to me since I would be doing most of the work.

Last week, I was thinking about Mother's Day coming up. And, like every year since I have been a mother, I started thinking about how I can be a better one in the coming year. I just thought to myself "This is it! What are you waiting for? You know that God has led you to this, and He will be right there with you. And what better way is there than making this decision for them?" So, I told my husband on Saturday that I was definitely going to homeschool this fall. I am so excited and also nervous about it, but I know that this is God's will for us right now. And, He has given me peace about my decision. I told my husband that I was making the commitment for one year and then I would reevaluate again then. I am praying that we will always do it, but I will continue to seek the Lord and what His will is for us.

I already have my LHFHG package and we are going to be using it this fall for my daughter (who turns 6 in September) for kindergarten. I also have a 3 year old son who I'm sure will enjoy some of it with us. I plan on us starting the first week of August. We have a vacation coming up at the end of May, we will be spending a couple of weeks in June with VBS, and then I plan on taking July to get us organized.

I just wanted to say thanks so much to you all for all of your encouragement and good advice. You have really made me feel like we can do this and have joy in it. Please continue to pray for us as we prepare to start.

I hope that you all have a blessed evening!

Christy :D
Last edited by christyg on Mon May 11, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gratefulmama

Re: YEH! I have finally decided!

Post by gratefulmama » Mon May 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Yeah Christy!! Woo-hoo :lol: I'm so excited to hear the good news! I remember praying for you back a month or two ago... I am rejoicing with you and your family today. I know the Lord has good things in store for you through HOD. I look forward to "seeing" you on the board, esp. once you start. Congratulations! :D Victoria
Wife to my hero for 17 yrs
Blessed to be a mom through the beautiful gift of adoption 4x!
DS (10/03) CTC, DITHOR
DS (5/05) CTC, DITHOR
DD (5/08) LHFHG
DD (02/11)

my3sons

Re: YAY! I have finally decided!

Post by my3sons » Mon May 11, 2009 8:30 pm

Christy - I too remember praying for you, and am so glad the Lord has led you to homeschooling! I think you will enjoy Little Hearts so much, and you are going to do a great joy teaching your child - you already have the most important quality, a heart full of love for God and for your daughter!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon May 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Congrats on your decision. It's a rewarding way of life.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

angela&4boys

Post by angela&4boys » Mon May 11, 2009 9:20 pm

Rejoicing with you! Yaaay!!! :D
~Angela~
wife to Greg
Mama to Alex, Aaron, Ben, & Noah
2012-13 Rev to Rev

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:29 pm

How wonderful! You will not regret your decision. We've always homeschooled and even though some days are very challenging (like today... :shock: ), we wouldn't dream of doing anything different. In fact, the only thing I would have done differently from the beginning is use Heart of Dakota. We missed out on the earliest guides. I pray you will love LHFHG!
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

joyfulness

Post by joyfulness » Tue May 12, 2009 2:03 pm

I'm fairly new here so, sorry, hadn't been praying for you before. But I am very excited to hear this!

I have a friend who keeps asking and asking me about homeschooling. Her husband really wants the kids home too. She is just so nervous, even to take her oldest out of preschool now. I understand, as it is so daunting!

It was so encouraging to hear how you decided. Thanks for sharing.
Joy
Navy wife and mom of four:
Mr J (10), Mr M (8), Miss M (6) & Miss B (4)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue May 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Christy,

That's terrific to hear! We pray you'll enjoy LHFHG as much as we did this past year. It's hard to believe we just finished LHFHG last week! It seems like just yesterday that we were beginning it. The time goes by so quickly and as a homeschool mom you'll get to enjoy the quantity as well as the quality time. :D

Blessings,
Carrie