Poll? What does your teachers Manuel look like?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).

Do you mark up/ write in your Teachers Manuel?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:06 pm

Absolutely!
74%
No Way Hosea!
26%

Total votes: 19

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:06 am

Oh...this is so fun!

I thought making my manual "pretty" was an Olive thing! It's got to have different colored highlighter marks and losts of pretty post-it notes and be all flopppy (yes...I'm had it spiraled) to make it be loved! :wink: I also thought that was why Carrie left so much space around the sides of the boxes....so I could write there.

If I could figure out a way to get my motivated-moms pages into my manual then life would be just perfect....all in one place. Ideas anyone?

And Mary...yes...my Bible looks the same way! But...I still think this could be an organized Olive thing....maybe?
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:30 am

I admit, I DID mark in my Beyond manual! I used it sort of as my lesson planner, writing down DD assignments for math. I also marked off each box as we completed it and put the date at the top of the page. Now, we can see what we covered and what we didn't-to go back and finish when we can. I still plan to use it with my DS, so I'll have to use different colors or a different method so I can still understand my own writing! :)

annaz

Post by annaz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:00 am

Being an Olive it was hard for me to write in any manual I had. However...the marks I make are in pencil, and neat! LOL! Oh....I hate being an Olive!!!

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 am

even tho I'm adamant One does not write in books!

i'm also not organized enough to make and extra sheet, so on the advice of my Father I circle make notes and date pages when they are completed. Thus it is my school record for DD. Showing exactly what was done each and every day.

I have to admit when the social worker raised one eyebrow vulcan style and inquired about her schooling, handing her my manuel showed her easily that I really actually did school with my child.
Last edited by Tansy on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:34 am

Tansy wrote:even tho I'm adamant One does not write in books!

i'm also not organized enough to make and extra sheet, so on the advice of my Father I circle make notes and date pages when they are completed. Thus it is my school record for Ariel. Showing exactly what was done each and every day.

I have to admit when the social worker raised one eyebrow vulcan style and inquired about her schooling, handing her my manuel showed her easily that I really actually did school with my child.
Tee-hee! DO I hear a fellow Star Trek Fan?
By the way, I have an Ariel, too :)
Sorry for the hijack-you may now return to your regularly scheduled thread :lol:
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Marsha

I don't write in mine

Post by Marsha » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:40 am

I am thinking about taking mine and having the binding cut and put it in page protectors.
Then I won't feel guilty for writing in it.
I can just wipe it off. :wink:

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Yes in fact my nickname in College was Mrs. Spock... I had a logical solution for everything... ahh to be young and positive your right all the time.

I remember the worst punishment was to be grounded from the t.v. Sunday night When Star Trek was on!
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:17 pm

i write in EVERYTHING

EXCEPT any TM's :wink:

i wrote ONE note in my Sonlight manual once...and i was scandalized :lol:

i have lots of papers and that's one of the reasons i keep log pages...that's where i write all that stuff you guys all write in the manuals :wink:
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Not in my HOD books, but in the workbook kid's curriculum I not only write in them, I TORE THEM OUT of the spiral binding and 3-hole punched them into binders! :P

I take that back-I do write in pencil in my HOD books.

Julie! :lol: you're too funny!!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

kerby

Post by kerby » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:43 pm

I am an Olive plus, like others, I just cannot write in a TM or book of anykind, really. :oops: I might make somw small ntoes in pencil but will usually use a sticky note. If I do more writing in the book, it's basically just quick, short notes of other materials that I might use w/ it. For lots of reasons, I like to keep my TM "clean".

Now, I will write, tear up, sort the dc's workbooks if I need to. :lol:

K