Starting LHFHG today

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
joyfulness

Starting LHFHG today

Post by joyfulness » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:20 am

I hadn't planned to start so soon as we were suppose to be moving this summer. But now our move has been pushed until Fall (maybe) so we are giving it a go early. Hoping we can get through a bit over the summer, then we'll be able to take a couple months break whenever the move does happen.

I'm excited and nervous...
Joy
Navy wife and mom of four:
Mr J (10), Mr M (8), Miss M (6) & Miss B (4)

netpea

Re: Starting LHFHG today

Post by netpea » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:45 am

Yay! Have a great day! LHFHG is such a fun program. I'm sure you'll love it. :D
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

RachelB

Post by RachelB » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:02 am

have fun!
Rachel

mommy to
Kailee - 12
Gracie - 8
Kaden - 7
Mollie - 3
Brynlee - 5 months

2 ^^ in heaven
happily married to Brian for 12 years

2014- 2015 - Using RevtoRev, Preparing, Beyond & maybe LHTH!

1GirlTwinBoys

Post by 1GirlTwinBoys » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:34 am

We started LHFHG about 4 weeks ago and are really enjoying it. I'm going to stop the program after this week (when we finish our book about Reddy Fox) :D and then start back up in August. I will continue to work on phonics, math, and letter & number formation throught the summer though.
Daughter~ 7 (2nd grade)
Twin Boys~ 6 (1st grade)

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 am

Joy,

You are going to have so much fun with LHFHG! We are just about finishing it up with two of my kids... only about 3 weeks left! It's bittersweet to be at the end of the year, but I will have another one using it in a couple of years. Now we are moving on to Beyond.... Can't wait!!! :D
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

mariaw

Post by mariaw » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:51 am

We also started about a month ago and LOVE it!! Have a great first day!!
dd9 - Preparing with R&S 3 and Singapore 2
ds7 - LHFHG
ds5 - LHFHG
dd1.5 - in charge of hiding all our pencils

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:14 pm

We finished LHFHG about 4 months ago, and you are going to have the best time doing it with your dc. Have fun with it - and don't sweat it... you'll be a pro at it in no time. :wink:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

joyfulness

Post by joyfulness » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. We didn't quite get through the entire first day but what we did was very fun. All 4 of my kids especially loved the Rhymes in Motion. At first my 7 year old didn't want to join but then said "can you please start over with me?" after he saw how much fun the rest of the kids were having.

We'll try to finish up Day 1 tomorrow. I figured I'd need to do half-speed at first to get us going and used to the flow of the program.
Joy
Navy wife and mom of four:
Mr J (10), Mr M (8), Miss M (6) & Miss B (4)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:15 pm

joyfulness wrote:Thanks for the encouragement. We didn't quite get through the entire first day but what we did was very fun. All 4 of my kids especially loved the Rhymes in Motion. At first my 7 year old didn't want to join but then said "can you please start over with me?" after he saw how much fun the rest of the kids were having.

We'll try to finish up Day 1 tomorrow. I figured I'd need to do half-speed at first to get us going and used to the flow of the program.
HOORAY! I'm glad to hear this! Your post about the Rhymes in Motion just reminded me of something I wanted to post about that - anyway, it's great to hear you got into it with your kids, and that drew in the little ones too. Before you know it, you'll be getting through it all and loving every minute of it. :wink: Thanks for sharing your day!

In Christ,
Juie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

mariaw

Post by mariaw » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:29 pm

joyfulness wrote:All 4 of my kids especially loved the Rhymes in Motion. At first my 7 year old didn't want to join but then said "can you please start over with me?" after he saw how much fun the rest of the kids were having.
YES!! I truly thought mine would balk at that, but they beg to do the Rhymes in Motion first thing every day and want to "perform" them all the time!
dd9 - Preparing with R&S 3 and Singapore 2
ds7 - LHFHG
ds5 - LHFHG
dd1.5 - in charge of hiding all our pencils

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:06 pm

mariaw - That's great to hear! That is exactly the results you want - way to go, Mom! :D
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Joy,

How fun that you're getting a chance to get underway with LHFHG already! :D We are actually only 4 days away from finishing our LHFHG guide, and I actually teared up when I realized my little guy is almost done with his "red book". Then, my little guy turned to me and said, "Don't be sad, mom. Remember, we get to do the 'blue book' next, and we'll love that too." It cracked me up! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie