This could be a dumb Preparing question, but

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
annaz

This could be a dumb Preparing question, but

Post by annaz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:17 am

are there certain countries studied in Preparing? If so what are they? What exactly is the study in Preparing. I can't wrap my brain around the Table of Contents.

Dumb, I know, but my allergies make me fuzzy.
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

annaz

Re: This could be a dumb Preparing question, but

Post by annaz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:00 am

This must have been pretty dumb. But I'm gonna bump it up again.

I see there what's obvious as far as countries, Greece, Rome, etc. But are there any that are not mentioned in the Table of Contents?
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One cat
One dog

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:44 am

Dear Annaz,

I don't think it is a dumb question. Preparing is an overview of History from Creation through Vietnam War & Cold War (gently touches). For Geography they study the globe and answer questions for the country/countries that they are studying at the time. HTH
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

annaz

Post by annaz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:44 pm

eazbnsmom wrote: For Geography they study the globe and answer questions for the country/countries that they are studying at the time. HTH
This is helpful. Thanks.
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One cat
One dog

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:02 pm

annaz,

I'm wondering if there is a spot somewhere on the internet where you could view the Table of Contents of Hillyer's A Child's History of the World (noting that we omit the first couple of chapters) and Grandpa's Box? That would really help you get an even better feel for the coverage in Preparing Hearts. Possibly try Amazon and CBD? :D

Blessings,
Carrie

annaz

Post by annaz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Carrie wrote:annaz,

I'm wondering if there is a spot somewhere on the internet where you could view the Table of Contents of Hillyer's A Child's History of the World (noting that we omit the first couple of chapters) and Grandpa's Box? That would really help you get an even better feel for the coverage in Preparing Hearts. Possibly try Amazon and CBD? :D

Blessings,
Carrie
I can't find CHOW anywhere to see. :cry: But I didn't think to look at Grandpa's Box. I'll try that.

Thanks
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One cat
One dog