A Child's Geography

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Marsha

A Child's Geography

Post by Marsha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:37 pm

I have the version without the cd.
Is the cd used in it?
Miranda 15 on July 4th
Cassandra 12
Jonathan 10
Sarah 8
Hannah 6
Rachel 4
Abigail 2
Rebecca born in Sept.

sharonb

Re: A Child's Geography

Post by sharonb » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:44 pm

The CD has ideas for copywork and maps you can print out. It is not necessary to complete the course, but looks like it's nice to have if your children are going to make notebooks.

MamaBear23Cubs

Post by MamaBear23Cubs » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:37 am

I have volume one that came with the CD and I really don't use it. I did print out the vocabualary words for the first few chapters but decided to just let my daugther write them out herself. She retained it better that way. I did print some of the post cards but she prefers to fold a piece of cardstock in half and use that as her post card. On the pack I put lines so she writes straight. I don't feel like the CD is needed.
Military wife and Mama to 3 (DD12, DS8, & DD7)
Have used: Little Hands For Heaven, Little Hearts For His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory,
Bigger Hearts For His Glory, and Preparing Hearts For His Glory.
http://livinglifeonthehomefront.blogspot.jp/

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Marsha,

I'll need to check whether the page numbers are the same in both versions. We do own the one without CD and the one with it. :wink:

In the CTC guide, we will be referring to the maps you'll print out from the CD, however I'm thinking you could print a similar map off of the internet with a bit of searching. When we get closer to having that portion of the plans all written, I can answer you better.

Blessings,
Carrie

sharonb

Post by sharonb » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Oh, I didn't realize that A Child's Geography will be used in one of the HOD programs! I was answering in a generic sense. :mrgreen:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:49 pm

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer! :oops: We use A Child's Geography of the Bible Lands (which is Vol. II) in CTC, so I was thinking that this is what Marsha was referring to? If not, I'm so sorry to have confused this thread! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Marsha

Post by Marsha » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Yes,
I was referring to Volume 2. :mrgreen:
Miranda 15 on July 4th
Cassandra 12
Jonathan 10
Sarah 8
Hannah 6