Bigger Grammar....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mskogen

Bigger Grammar....

Post by mskogen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:13 pm

I will be starting Bigger with my two ds the first of July. The youngest ds is newly 7 (actually next Wed). He finished Abeka 1 language this year and really got it....I was going to start him in R & S 2. Just wanted to ask if you thought that would be ok....?
Thanks
Michelle
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

HollyinNNV

Re: Bigger Grammar....

Post by HollyinNNV » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:18 pm

I think it would be fine. R&S introduces each subject very comprehensively. There is no expectation that your child should already understand the grammatical concepts presented. R&S moves at a deliberate pace. There is plenty of practice and review.
Holly

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:16 am

Thanks for the reply...

Blessings,
Michelle
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 pm

My son will be doing Bigger as well. He turns 7 in the fall and he did A Beka 1st Grade grammar as well. So, I'm glad to know that it will be o.k. to switch from 1st grade A Beka to R&S 2.
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:27 pm

We used R & S 2 with Bigger Hearts last year, and I felt like it was a solid beginning to formal grammar. It has made R & S 3 this year go smoothly over all. I've been so happy with R & S English just overall - and I NEVER worry about if it's hard enough - that's for sure. :wink:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie