Idea for keeping memory verses

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
familygirl

Idea for keeping memory verses

Post by familygirl » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:32 am

A lady in my homeschool group shared her idea of using those little $1 photo albums (from the dollar store) to keep up with daily assignments, chores, or memory verses. This is a great idea for keeping up with HOD's memory verses. Just slide the index card into the photo album and the child can look back at it anytime they need to review. I plan to use it next year.
Just thought I'd share!

FiveLittlePeaches

Re: Idea for keeping memory verses

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 am

Familygirl,

What a wonderful idea! :D :D :D

Thank you for posting!

Joy

kayben

Post by kayben » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 am

Familygirl,

This is a great idea! They have some really cute ones too. My DD will love this idea and maybe make the verse decorated to make something she can share with grandparents, dad etc... Sort of a mini verse scrapbook. Ok, now I am getting ahead of myself!! :D
Rebecca, Wife to amazing DH 21yrs..
dd 15 10th grade PS,ds 14 8th grade PS
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

momof4

Post by momof4 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:01 am

Another idea is the spiral index cards. I wrote all the verses at the beginning of the year and we just flip to the one we are working on for the week.

Laurie
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

scrapsmith

Post by scrapsmith » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:12 am

The spiral index cards is what we do too!! Then I can pull them out for easy review and when the next kiddo goes through that guide I can pull it out and all the verses are ready to go!!
Eryn,wife to Jeff since 1998
Mommy to Micah, 7yo, BLHFHG
Addie Mae 5yo, LHTH, and
Canaan 2yo, right in the middle of it all!!
"Teach us to number our days...Ps 90:12"

sharonb

Post by sharonb » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:29 am

I was just wondering how we should be keeping track of all the memory verses we are working on. The photo album idea is great!

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Here's another Bible verse system to check out:
http://simplycharlottemason.com/timesavers/memorysys/

It is Charlotte Mason inspired and we have been using it now for about 6 months with great success.

Blessings!
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:07 pm

That is a great idea. We use an index card binder. I like the idea of the photo album. It would be nice to let them also decorate them and put them in the photo album and then you have a keep sake. Great idea! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

1GirlTwinBoys

Post by 1GirlTwinBoys » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:25 pm

I have been copying & pasting from biblegateway online using the version that goes along with the CD. I paste it in a word document and then print off on 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper and put in a page protector. We hang it up on the white board each day with magnets so we can recite etc... After we are done with that weeks verse, we put in a thin binder with the others that are in page protectors. :D We can flip through and look anytime we want.
Daughter~ 7 (2nd grade)
Twin Boys~ 6 (1st grade)

gracelikerain

Post by gracelikerain » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:44 pm

1girltwinboys,
I LOVE your idea! I always do the writing & honestly it is a chore because my handwriting stinks! :oops: So copying it is a lifesaver or me. :D Thank you. These are all such great ideas!
Georgette~
Isaiah 54:13
Blessed with 5 awesome gifts from God!
Trail Blazing 4 HIM!
dd-12-CTC
dd-9-Preparing
ds-6-LHFHG
dd-3-tagging along & keeping life real fun!
ds-5 months

1GirlTwinBoys

Post by 1GirlTwinBoys » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:07 pm

1girltwinboys,
I LOVE your idea! I always do the writing & honestly it is a chore because my handwriting stinks! So copying it is a lifesaver or me. Thank you. These are all such great ideas!
It's nice because after pasting it you can make the font as big as you want. My kid's don't have any trouble trying to read it hanging up on the white board this way. :P
Daughter~ 7 (2nd grade)
Twin Boys~ 6 (1st grade)

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:30 pm

I go to http://www.biblegateway.com/ as well and I copy and paste the translation I want, put in word, print it out in landscape, so I can make it large, put it in a plastic sleeve and hang it under a little sign "Memory Verse of the Week" by the dinning room so we can talk about it at dinner time and Dad can learn them with us. I keep them in there for a few weeks till we do the review than they go in a binder for further viewing.
Since we do Italic for handwriting I do it in a similar font, that helps with copywork at the end of the week, to mail out the scripture verse to someone of my son's choice. We pray for the person, he puts on the stamp, and puts it in the mailbox.
I typed a little note that I print out every week for my ds to fill in the blanks and copy his Memory Verse, I make a copy of it, before mailing it, for his portfolio.
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 pm

What wonderful ways to keep God's word visibly showing in your homes! :D Thank you HOD moms for keeping God a part of your day-to-day living!

Deut. 6:7-9:
7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie