Will I be able to purchase books at convention?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
kayrenee

Will I be able to purchase books at convention?

Post by kayrenee » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:35 am

I'm getting ready to place an order, but if I can pick up the books I need at the booth later this week (Kansas City), I'll wait and get 'em there.

MamaMary

Re: Will I be able to purchase books at convention?

Post by MamaMary » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:38 am

Hi Kayrenee! ((Waving))

I have no idea what the answer to your question is but it was so good seeing your beautiful face over here :D :D :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

kayrenee

Post by kayrenee » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:49 am

Hi, Mary! :D

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:01 am

kayrenee wrote:I'm getting ready to place an order, but if I can pick up the books I need at the booth later this week (Kansas City), I'll wait and get 'em there.
Yes, you can pick up the books at the booth, and HOD ships anything they run out of for free to your home. So, you can save on shipping by doing this. Come on over and say "hi" to us at the book fair! :D Do you know what the weather is supposed to be like there this weekend? It's tough to know what to pack this time of year! :lol:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

scrapsmith

Post by scrapsmith » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:15 am

Julie, Can't wait to see you at the fair in KC!! Showers with a high of 68 is what I am seeing...Travel safe!!
Eryn,wife to Jeff since 1998
Mommy to Micah, 7yo, BLHFHG
Addie Mae 5yo, LHTH, and
Canaan 2yo, right in the middle of it all!!
"Teach us to number our days...Ps 90:12"

kayrenee

Post by kayrenee » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:27 am

Yeah, the weather's supposed to be a little less than pleasant. Cool and rainy. :( I'd be surprised if we make to it 68, according to our local weather guy.

joyfulness

Post by joyfulness » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:23 pm

Oh I wish I could come. We live in the Kansas City area, but I'm out of town this weekend.

We were in South Dakota for the Easter weekend, playing in the snow! So probably our rainy weather here will not be so cold for you SD folks. :)
Joy
Navy wife and mom of four:
Mr J (10), Mr M (8), Miss M (6) & Miss B (4)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Thanks, Eryn and Kayrenee! I'll gladly take the warmer temperatures if we get them, and I also hope the drive goes safely - hopefully not too much rain. :D We had 2 nice days this week, and then today it is extremely WINDY here and chillier too. It was garbage day too... go figure. :lol:

We'll miss you, Joy! I hope you have safe travel this weekend too. You're right, we South Dakota gals have to be pretty hearty when it comes to putting up with cold weather. I'd guess the weather has a very good chance of being better in KC than in SD. Every time I talk to my dh when I'm at a book fair, we generally our having much better weather than he is at home. Though there was the one time last year when we were in the hotel lobby during a tornado warning that I called him, and he and the kids were in the basement in SD because of a tornado warning :roll: - we had a good laugh about that (once the tornadoes had passed that is!).

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

kayrenee

Post by kayrenee » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:53 pm

Well, Julie, just be prepared for anything. I just double checked the latest update with our weather guy, and now they're saying 70* and partly sunny on Friday; 66* and 50% chance of rain on Saturday. So who knows WHAT will actually happen! :?:

I've not been very happy with the weather in KC for the past few months.... :?

MommyMc

Post by MommyMc » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:03 pm

I wish you were going to be at our convention in June (ICHE in Illinois)! :D
Anita
Wife to a hard-working hubby
Mom to five great kiddos (4/98, 2/00, 3/05, 11/06 and 3/09)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:29 pm

Anita,

We've exhibited in Chicago (at the University of DeKalb) before, but it's been a few years! :D

Blessings,
Carrie