Not sure where this belongs..

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
familygirl

Not sure where this belongs..

Post by familygirl » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:36 pm

...so I posted it here and on the Bigger board.
I will be doing Bigger in the fall and was looking thru my schedule and noticed that some of the Science notebooking (unit 4 day 2, drawing and labeling invertebrates) will require a little larger sheet than you'd have in a typical notebook (not sure about History haven't got that far yet). SO I was just wondering if there were any suggestions about what I could use. What are some of you using?
Thanks!!

HollyinNNV

Re: Not sure where this belongs..

Post by HollyinNNV » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Wow! I've been using Bigger and didn't even notice that I needed to use larger paper. I just used regular 8x11. :D We're on unit 19 and we've used regular sized paper for all our notebooking assignments so far.
Holly
Megan-14 yo dd: Advanced Composition, Literature of the Western Civ, Spielvogel West Civ, Chalkdust Geometry, Prentice Hall Biology, Harp & Piano
Kevin-9 yo ds: Bigger Hearts, Singapore/Math U See, IEW, Piano

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:33 pm

I keep a roll of drawing paper, you can cut it to whatever length you need. Very handy.
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:51 am

We did Bigger Hearts last year and always used copy paper. I like to put our dc's work in clear sleeves in their portfolios, and copy paper fits nicely. We did the drawing and labeling of the invertebrates on a sheet like that, and it turned out just fine. :) However, you can always use larger paper too, especially if you think your child would enjoy that. :D There are 9 x 12 pads of paper and 12 x 18 pads of paper sold at most places. For our younger children, if we used larger paper, we just folded it in half and 3-hole punched it after they finished to put it in their portfolios that way. They hang out a tad, but it works! :D

In Christ,
Julie

P.S. Here's a link to Miller Pads and Paper. They are very reasonable in prices and have just about everything you could possibly need under the sun! :lol:
http://www.millerpadsandpaper.com/
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Have you checked out Bare books? http://www.barebooks.com/ They have several sizes to choose from.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:01 pm

We've always used copy paper, too.

Here's Grant's page that I believe you're talking about. He didn't draw big pictures, but they all fit just fine. :D

When he drew the planets, he wanted to draw them to scale, so we used 2 pieces of paper and put them in the binder facing each other.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:56 am

We too use copy paper and it has been fine. I wanted to make sure they would fit into our binders...but I have to say I never noticed that any assignments specified a certain size paper. :roll: Great attention to detail, familygirl! :wink:

familygirl

Post by familygirl » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:10 am

Thanks everyone for replying...I need to clarify. The guide didn't specify a larger sheet of paper, but after reading the assignment I thought it would probably take a larger sheet to get all the drawings/diagrams to fit. I enjoy seeing what others have done and I appreciate everyone sharing. :wink: