Review your past year with HOD!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Re: Review your past year with HOD!

Post by MamaMary » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:17 pm

momof4 wrote: The biggest thing that our family has received this year is Andy's love for the Lord. He asked Christ into his heart last year during discussions in Little Hands.

There is NO BETTER testimony!!! "There is NO ONE like the God of Israel!" Duet 33:26a
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:37 pm

Mary -Congratulations on Coltons reading [and well done to you for hanging in there waiting patiently for this day to come].Its been a tough year for your family .Your one of the homeschool veterans that I really look up to[veteran in the sense you have beeing doing this longer than 12 months :wink: ]
Crystal- I look forward to doing Beyond with you in the fall and my youngest is only days different from your youngesta nd we will be starting LHTH :D
Jessi- Its hard to find a fit at first.I made a few errors in the materials I ordered.Its all part of the learning curve and you will have LHTH for the subsequent students right :D Im glad you are enjoying LHFHG
Annaz I hear you on the greener grass thoughts[except is not another curriculum I search for :oops: its a full blown school] anyhow I am reminding myself even if the grass is greener-it will still need mowing :lol:
Leanna- I look forward to doing Beyond this fall with you.We got on well with TRL[we are on lesson 17 right now].
Amey Its as mary said nothing is wasted and Im sure you will figure out what you need to do :D
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Okay baby woke up and needed a hug.
Momof2n2 -It sounds like its been a challenging year.It think its great that your husband has been able to jump in with HOD and take over the lessons.That is some awesome teamwork.
Mamam23bearcubs.Its great to have you back.I couldnt get your blog link working-I think I will try to maually paste it in.I can imagine that homeschooling ,no change that parenting when your husband is off serving his counrty is tough.I hope to do LHTH with you in the fall :D
Holly NNV.You have me keen to try bigger when the time comes[and your description of 'do we haaaaave to ' made me smile :D
Kay I have to agree I love the open and Go style homeschooling.
Florence -Meeting everyones needs is no easy challenge.
Amy-Thankyou for these words
dale1088 wrote:What have I learned? Hmmmm...I am not what you'd call experienced yet, so I can't impart words of wisdom. I think I have learned to trust where God led me in my choices. There were some bad moments of tears and time-outs when I would look to the materials as failing, and that was SO NOT IT. We had to slow down and look at some heart issues, for both of us, to work out. When I focused on the heart, things smoothed out and the wonderful materials from HoD again proved to be a perfect fit for us.
Laurie- Andy wanting to get baptised is an amazing testimony to HOD and I am so very happy for you.I look forward to sharing beyond with you in the fall
currently Using

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:32 pm

spidermansmum wrote:Jessi- Its hard to find a fit at first.I made a few errors in the materials I ordered.Its all part of the learning curve and you will have LHTH for the subsequent students right :D Im glad you are enjoying LHFHG

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: PLURAL???? Gasp! You know something I don't know? hahahahahaha

Sorry I did a double take when I read that and then I just started laughing. You are too funny. :lol:
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Jessi- I did indeed say subsequent students. :lol: :lol: :lol: Im not claiming any word of knowledge in that area.
currently Using

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sam, I appreciate your sense of humor. Thanks, I needed that laugh before I go wake up the multitude of children napping throughout my house and let the chaos ensue! :roll:
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:15 pm

spidermansmum wrote:Mary -Congratulations on Coltons reading [and well done to you for hanging in there waiting patiently for this day to come].Its been a tough year for your family .Your one of the homeschool veterans that I really look up to[veteran in the sense you have beeing doing this longer than 12 months :wink: ]
Oh Sam,

You are such an encourager. It has been a tough year, but I am so thankful that the Lord brought me to HOD before I knew it was going to be hard. Not only did the scheduled instructors guide help me, but INCREDIBLE, SWEET, PRECIOUS women like you bring such JOY to my heart! Thank you for bringing a huge smile to my face :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/