HOD Surprise Today!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

HOD Surprise Today!

Post by MamaMary » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:16 am

I met a fellow Hoddie from the boards! Leann (aka: Netpea) is here with her family for vacation and we were able to visit at a park right by my house. The Lord was so good and blessed us by bringing LIVE Manatees right to the park so we could see them out in the wild. Before you officially met them through my pictures I want you to know that this is a LOVELY family. I so enjoyed our time chatting. (LOTS OF HOD TALK) On a funny note, while driving to meet them I told my boys that we were meeting my friend and that I wanted them to make sure that they made their children feel welcomed. My 9 year old Seth looks at me very seriously (in the rear view mirror) at a red light and says, "Mom, will we be able to understand them"? :?: :? :shock: It then hits me that he's worried they speak a different LANGUAGE. I started laughing and explained that they're not from another country, just another state :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pictures Of LeAnn and her beautiful family!

Leann, Tony and their two beautiful children.

Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

annaz

Re: HOD Surprise Today!

Post by annaz » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am

Oh how neat is that? I hope you girls had fun! Mary, you ALWAYS have fun. I'm also in AZ. I love, love, love to see water.

Okay, vacation at Mary's house!!!!

(Just kidding)

icukirt

Post by icukirt » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:51 am

How fun!!...the language question by your child sounds like something my 5 yr old would say. How sweet....love it and thanks for sharing the pictures!!
Kirstin
Kirstin
wife to Scott since 2001
step-mom to ds (14) in private school
mom to ds (5 1/2) will start LHFHG 2009-2010
mom to dd (2) who is speech delayed and has just started speech therapy

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Yay! HODies connecting in real life. The pictures look like you had a great time! Thank you for sharing.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Am I the only one now singing Barbara Manatee? :oops:
I am a little jealous -Imagine meeting up with another HOD'er.It looks like you all had fun :D
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

mom23dc

Post by mom23dc » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:10 pm

Mary

What great pictures!!!! How I would love to move to Florida. I hate the winters here up in MA. And it seems everyone I know lives there!!!!

Looks like you all had a great time :D
Cindy
HS mom to 10 yo dd

PHFHG 09/09, Ignite Your Writing, WP RATE Science, CLE Math, CLE LA

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:26 pm

How awesome that you were able to meet! It's so awesome to find and meet other HODies!

I'm going to be in Florida next week :wink:
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Mom2Monkeys wrote:How awesome that you were able to meet! It's so awesome to find and meet other HODies!

I'm going to be in Florida next week :wink:
Tamara, where you are going to be?
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:59 pm

How fun that you ladies were able to meet. I just teared up over the pictures thinking how the Lord brings perfect strangers together joined by our quest to glorify Him in our lives! :D

Thanks so much for sharing! This blessed my heart today.

Blessings,
Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:11 pm

How fun! :D I love the manatee videos. LeeAnn, I hope you're having a great vacation with your family. I so enjoy the getaways when they happen as there aren't really "days off" on the farm. :wink: I bet you're making some great memories this week!

Mary, you just might get lots of requests from visitors. I'd love to come hang out with you...but I'm not sure FL is in our future any time soon.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:18 am

I feel awful because another one of our Hoddie's came last year and I couldn't make it work. She was two hours away. It is helpful if you come to my neighborhood :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

netpea

Post by netpea » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:36 am

Yay, We are back home now. We got in at 11:30 last night. We had a great week in Florida. Our favorite day was Monday. First we met up with Mary at the park. :D :D :D and got to see live manatees, then we saw live dolphins (although far away) and spent the day at Clearwater beach. Mary is just as sweet and bubbly in person as she is online! THANK YOU for meeting up with me!

Anytime you want to introduce your kids to SNOW Mary, come on over!
:lol: :lol:
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com