OT: Prayers please!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mom2Monkeys

OT: Prayers please!

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:39 am

Hello ladies,
We have a lot going on and aren't getting much schooling done! This will be a little long I'm sure...

My husband was accepted into his school and program of choice for the next part of his college career (praise!!!!) He'll be done with this portion in Dec. 2010 and will finally be able to work and we'll have income! We've not had ANY income in 2 years and have lived solely off student loans. He will then further his degree while working. This news comes with a move as well, and we need it to be soon! We just found out and we need to move in the next 2-3 weeks (the goal is April 18th)...the place we are moving is quite expensive and we're having a hard time finding a home to rent. Please pray we will find a safe, clean home with space for our kids and pets and HOD at a great price! Oh, his classes here are over May 8th, and new classes start May 10th. That's why we have to move sooner than later...he needs us a bit settled before starting the new classes!

Next, my sister is coming home from Japan (she's in the Air Force). The kids and I will be traveling to Florida to visit with her and my dh will be moving us into our new home while we're gone. I won't even see where we're moving til I return! I'll be gone for 10 days and ready to come home to MY home, but will have to go somewhere else. This will be stressful to us all, especially my youngest. Please pray that dh will be able to find a home we'll all love, moving will go smoothly, and our kids will transition easily. Also, please pray for my little sister and her long trip home. Once her visit is over, she is being deployed to UAE.

And the biggest is that I found out yesterday that I am pregnant with #4! I have had 5 miscarriages, 2 in the last year, and I'm having some signs that I might be miscarrying again. Please pray that this baby will be held on this side of heaven. I was nervous to tell dh b/c we were trying NOT to get pg right now with all that's going on and having no income...he really thought 3 was enough...then when we thought I might be pg, tension grew. When I told him yesterday I had a pos. test but was spotting, he let me know he had been praying and was feeling good about having a 4th...he WANTS to have a 4th now and that just makes my heart so happy! So, even if I miscarry, I know that God is in control still and I'm at peace with it-- and my dh and I are on the same page now. So, that's a praise and prayer request in one :D

Thanks for listening everyone! I know this is OT, but I dont' really have many places to go to ask for prayer! Thanks for being so awesome!
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

Jessi

Re: OT: Prayers please!

Post by Jessi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:36 am

Oh Tamara (((((( HUGS )))))))

What an overwhelming set of circumstances you are undergoing. I will be in diligent prayer concerning a home for you all to move in to and for your sister's safe return home. I hope you will have a wonderful reunion with her. I will also pray for this precious little person inside you. Jesus is with you and when you feel about to break apart, cling to him and just fall back in His capable hands. Let us know how it is all going.

I pray these words comfort you with all of the uncertainties in life right now. They sure have held me fast. :)

Psalm 139: 1-4, 7-10

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Oh, Tamara, I ditto what Jessi said!! I have goose bumps and tears in my eyes! I know that the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle, but WOW!! I will be in prayer for you and ALL of your family. May God bless you and keep you in His care!!

Jessi, you picked the most PERFECT verses!!
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:23 pm

Tamara,

I'm praying for you, too. The stability of our relationship with the Lord is so precious during uncertain times. I know that "not knowing" can make things seem so difficult, and you have a lot of that going on now. Thankfully we have a sovereign God in control of all the details of our lives, and His plan is truly best!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Tamara,

I am lifting you up in prayer. Just take things one day at a time, and you will be alright hon'! I've thought so many times that if God gave us each a "roadmap" plan for our lives ahead of time, pointing out all that we would go through, the tough parts of our lives, the peaks and the valleys, that I would be overwhelmed and think it impossible to survive. But, God is wise, He does not do that, and we are promised His mercies and His hope each day, one day at a time. Please do what you can to be easy on your body - drink lots of water, put your feet up when you can, keep your stress level as much to a minimum as possible - I am praying for you, Tamara.

In Christ,
Julie :)
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:18 pm

I just wanted to update a little:

My mouth has been so awfully sore b/c I have Dry Socket (where the exposed bone at the extraction site has started to die!) plus infection has gone down into all the lymph nodes in my throat. So, I have to go in daily to have the socket packed with some putty type stuff that helps it heal and numbs it a bit. Oh, the exposed nerve was irritated as well from the swelling-- it's a nerve that goes from the back where the wisdom tooth was pulled and around to the front teeth-- that explains why I hurt all over that whole side! I told them about being pregnant and he gave me safe meds to take including a new pain med since my other made me so sick. The putty and meds are helping A LOT! I was finally able to eat (like a horse I might add) within an hour of getting it done the first time!

So far, I've had no add'l signs of miscarrying!!! Nothing at all...I've actually started getting a bit queasy when I'm hungry and have to pee a lot! :oops: The queasy could be from antibiotics, but I'm being cautiously optimistic :) DH's mom is a volunteer RN/Ultrasound tech at a pregnancy crisis center and will do an ultrasound in a couple weeks for some reassurance. Since we're in the process of moving, I won't be able to get in to see a doctor until we're moved and I find a good one that will do a VBAC in these days of VBAC bans...so I'll be closer to 3.5-4 months by then if God so chooses to let us hold this one! On a cute note...dh wants a girl :D

Thanks so much for your prayers! I know God is hearing them!
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

gracelikerain

Post by gracelikerain » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:05 pm

((((Hugs!)))) :D Congrats on your baby news! I am so happy for you! I will be praying for you all during this difficult transition time. Glad your feeling better too! Bless you......... :D
Georgette~
Isaiah 54:13
Blessed with 5 awesome gifts from God!
Trail Blazing 4 HIM!
dd-12-CTC
dd-9-Preparing
ds-6-LHFHG
dd-3-tagging along & keeping life real fun!
ds-5 months

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:41 am

congratulations and I am praying
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

Lynnw

Post by Lynnw » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:21 am

Tamara,
I am praying for you now. I'm so thankful to hear you describe good preggo symptoms! Maybe that little spotting was just a really healthy implantation. I'm praying for the Lord to prepare your new home for you and to guide your dh to it and to bless your children's hearts to receive the coming changes.

Lynn
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:06 am

Glad your mouth is feeling better! And even more happy that you are having no more miscarriage signs. Yay!! I hope all continues to improve for you and you all find a home soon.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

RachelB

Post by RachelB » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:39 am

Praying for you Tamara!
Rachel

mommy to
Kailee - 12
Gracie - 8
Kaden - 7
Mollie - 3
Brynlee - 5 months

2 ^^ in heaven
happily married to Brian for 12 years

2014- 2015 - Using RevtoRev, Preparing, Beyond & maybe LHTH!

yayadaisy

Post by yayadaisy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Oh my you sure have a lot going right now! You are in my thoughts! I pray that the move goes well and your pregnancy goes well also. May God bless you and your family!

Sheila mom to six great kids

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:05 pm

Dear Tamara,

WOW! Your plate is so full of so many different things. First of all, I am lifting you up to the Father in Heaven who sustains us through those valley moments. I loved Jessi's scripture from Psalm 139. May He walk before you, behind you and place His hand of blessing on you during this time. As a mom who has struggled with miscarriages I truly know what you are going through. May you feel His absolute and perfect peace in the next weeks. I am also PRAISING the Lord for all the good news with your husband and his schooling. That is such GREAT news and I continue to pray that He would show you exactly where you should move. Congratulations on seeing your sister as she comes home from Japan with her family. I hope you enjoy your time! (((Big Hugs to You)))

Mary
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Praying in the Name of Jesus, the Name above all names.
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Thank you so much for your continued prayers!

DH is gone right now in our new town looking for a home for us...it's not going so well...but it's coming along. Let's just say we're ruling out a lot of places :?
He needs to sign a lease THIS weekend, so he only has tomorrow left! He's exhausted and stressed. Everything he's found is too small, too dirty, too dangerous, or won't let us have our pets. We're a growing family!! We need enough room for 4 kids, room for us to store/do school and something big enough for dad to have a quiet place for studying that's kinda tucked away from the chaos, and a fenced yard for pets and kids to play,oh, and utility room for all our laundry!...all in a SAFE place. Am I asking for too much!? In case I hadn't mentioned, we're moving to Little Rock, AR-- I think it's still in the top 10 highest crime rate for US cities. :shock:

I've found a place that I just LOVE but it's only 2BR...My creative mind is thinking the big dining room could have doors closed to make it a bedroom and the sunroom could be a wonderful school room! All that sunshine would be awesome to have during lessons..how refreshing! It has a master "suite" with two sections seperated by an old (working?) fireplace--and it's huge with a jacuzzi tub! It has "old world charm" and a huge deck, huge kitchen, and a wonderful front porch. And it's cheaper than many of the other homes we've looked at that are trashy!! I'm hoping dh likes it as much as I do!

I on the other hand, am getting frazzled being home alone with the kids who should have been in bed 2.5 hours ago!! Oh, goodness me...and I'm blabbering again as I've just recently taken my pain meds again and my mind goes for vacation when I take it! :shock: Just doing laugh at me! LOL
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling