Love love love love love this program!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

Love love love love love this program!

Post by Tree House Academy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Now that I have gotten all of my materials for History and Science with Bigger, I just had to come on and say how impressed I am with the program. WOW! Love all the books, and particularly the way that BHFHG ties the history of the time with the science of the times. I can't wait to start this...and even more, I can't wait to start using more of the program with my kids in coming years. After this coming year with history and Science, my kids will split up and my older will go on to HFHTT, while my younger drops back a level and gets on track with BLHFHG. I am just so excited to have found a program that is so close to what I imagined/dreamed of...and that works so well for my kids and has so many options for customization.

Oh...and I am also really enjoying GHILLM for myself. :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

sted

Re: Love love love love love this program!

Post by sted » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:05 pm

HI Rebecca,

How old are your kids? The reason I'm asking is that's the plan I may do too? Explain to me the dropping back to do Beyond. How do you think that will work for the younger child?

Thanks,
Shannon
dd, age 14
dd, age 12
dd, age 10
ds, age 8
dd, age 5
dd, age 1

Lynnw

Post by Lynnw » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Rebecca,
Yay! Isn't it great to find something that fits so well! I feel the exact same way. And it's funny to find such a gem after hearing about everything coming and going on other boards.

Glad you love it!
Lynn
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:45 pm

sted wrote:HI Rebecca,

How old are your kids? The reason I'm asking is that's the plan I may do too? Explain to me the dropping back to do Beyond. How do you think that will work for the younger child?

Thanks,
Shannon
My kids will be 10 and 6 when we start Bigger. This year, we are just doing Science and History with Bigger. The bulk of the history will be for my 10 year old. My younger will be more "along for the ride." Then, in the following year, my little will start with Beyond and do the whole program at "his" level. :) My older will move on to HHTT, because we did CHOW this year and he has a good foundation from that. After Beyond, my little fella will repeat Bigger in more depth, and then keep on through the programs. :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:00 pm

That sounds like a good plan, Rebecca! Bigger Hearts gave us a great year last year. I'm sure it will be a hit at your house too! :D
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

sharonb

Post by sharonb » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:50 pm

That kind of gives me a good idea... my kids are different ages from yours but the concept is the same. I could use Beyond for my oldest, and since it has hands-on stuff for Singapore 1A, have my 5 1/2 year old along for the ride (he's pretty "mathy"). Then the following year my oldest could move on to Bigger by herself and my (then) 6 year old could do Little Hearts with his (then) 5 year old brother and they could move through the programs together (but obviously my now 5 1/2 year old will need the math from his big sister's guide, but I think combining him with his younger brother (only 16 months apart) for the history, etc stuff would work great.

Hmmmm, something to think about!!!!

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:55 pm

Since I posted this, I actually decided to split mine up and do Beyond with the younger and Bigger/DITHOR with the older. I would have loved for them to go through together, but when I really sat down and started looking at it, it made much more sense to do it this way. :) I want to take my younger through the program from Beyond and not take him back to beyond and then repeat bigger. That got too confusing for me. LOL
~Rebecca~