Dictation question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mammabear5

Dictation question

Post by mammabear5 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:21 pm

I am planning on using Bigger next year and doing the dictation with my third grader. Are these pages able to be photocopied to give to the students to study?

netpea

Re: Dictation question

Post by netpea » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:40 pm

Hmm, I don't know. I write my son's passage on our chalkboard or on his whiteboard. Target usually has 8 1/2 X 11 whiteboards in the dollar aisle during the back to school sales if you're interested.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:42 pm

I have a index card file box and write my dd's on index cards. That way she can mark any mistakes on the key (index card) and re-study it the next day. Then she can check it off when she's completed it correctly and move on to the next one. The directions Carrie included mention marking the key and checking it off, so this is the way I do it so I can reuse it with my boys later.

HTH!
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 pm

mammabear5 wrote:I am planning on using Bigger next year and doing the dictation with my third grader. Are these pages able to be photocopied to give to the students to study?
I hope so! This is what I did. Grant studies the dictation off of the photocopy, and marks what he misses if necessary, and we check them off as we go. When we're done with a page, we throw it away.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:23 am

Mom2Monkeys wrote:I have a index card file box and write my dd's on index cards. That way she can mark any mistakes on the key (index card) and re-study it the next day. Then she can check it off when she's completed it correctly and move on to the next one. The directions Carrie included mention marking the key and checking it off, so this is the way I do it so I can reuse it with my boys later.

HTH!

Excellent idea!! I use index cards a LOT! I've never thought about letting them use it as their master copy and writing on it, though! D'oh!
I had a post about the way I put the dictation assignment on the cards...lemme go find it...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1564&p=12238&hilit= ... rds#p12238
Here's the thread where I posted pictures of our index cards. :-)
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:30 am

Any and all of the ways the ladies in this thread shared that they are utilizing the dictation passages will work! I love the way moms find the best fit for their family! :D

Blessings,
Carrie