Devotional for LHFHG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Littlelight

Devotional for LHFHG

Post by Littlelight » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:30 pm

We are going to be using LHFHG his upcoming fall and I have a question about the devotional that is used with that program - "Devotions for the Children's Hour."

I found an older edition of that book, and I was wondering if it is the same - or has it been changed/revised?
Would the older version work with LHFHG?

Thanks!

FiveLittlePeaches

Re: Devotional for LHFHG

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:59 pm

That would be me! :D

I am currently using LHFHG with an older version of Devotions for the Children's Hour, one that was printed in 1969. The LHFHG manuel assigns the stories according to the page numbers, not the chapter titles, so it's sometimes frustrating trying to figure out which story is being assigned as the pages are off -- way off! That being said, with a little effort I've been able to figure it out.

Edited to say, I have no idea how much the book has been edited or revised. :? I will mention that I look forward to reading from this book whenever it is assigned. It really adds depth to our Bible study.

Hope that helps! :D

Joy
Currently doing LHFHG and lovin' it!

Littlelight

Post by Littlelight » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Thank you, Joy! :)

mariaw

Post by mariaw » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:25 pm

I am also using an older edition of the book. I think, though, at christianbook.com, you can see a preview of the toc, and maybe then we can figure out the title that goes with each lesson.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:40 am

I don't think that much has been changed with this devotional through the years (except the page numbers based on various font sizes). So, if you have an older version and can figure out the page numbers you should be set. :D I LOVE this devotional and the depth of its content. Good devotionals are very hard to find. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie