Just ordered our DITHOR and GHILLM

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

Just ordered our DITHOR and GHILLM

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:33 pm

I had no idea there was a devotional for mom's on here. I couldn't pass it up as I was checking out. :) I am so excited to get DITHOR and start looking through it!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

Lynnw

Re: Just ordered our DITHOR and GHILLM

Post by Lynnw » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:39 pm

How exciting! I just ordered Preparing for my oldest and forgot to add GHILLM to my cart. I will have to get it with my next order :)
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:44 pm

Oh you will love them both! Congratulations! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

mansmom

Post by mansmom » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:22 pm

I'm working through GHILLM and it is life altering for me...I can't even do it every day bc I need time to ponder and think about each "lesson." It has been awesome!!! Enjoy!
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Yay! you'll love them both. :D

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:40 pm

Lynnw wrote:How exciting! I just ordered Preparing for my oldest and forgot to add GHILLM to my cart. I will have to get it with my next order :)
I forgot to put it in my cart when I made my first order. I was so disappointed. I had meant to order it. When I placed my second order, I made sure to add it. I just started it this evening! It really is an encouraging book. I love how it starts out with the most important thing of all; showing reverence to God. I also like how it focuses on the many roles that we all have as daughters of God, wives, moms, teachers. I didn't realize that the lessons include references to specific song titles. I'm going to try to track down one of the CDs.
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Rebecca,

I just wanted to pop-in and welcome you! We're glad to have you here! :D I'm so glad that you'll get a chance to use DITHR and to go through the devotional. My sweet sister wrote the devotional and is an amazing woman! She posts as my3sons on the board here. :wink:

Anyway, enjoy!

Blessings,
Carrie

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:59 am

I second (or should I say 7th???) how great GHILLM is! :D It is definately worth the buy. When I place my next order, I will be purchasing the corresponding music cd's and go through the devotional again.

However, I am still hoping Julie will write another devotional as well!!!! :wink: :D

I too love how she brings focus to the different roles we have as daughter of God, wife, mom and teacher. How unique!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:05 am

This thread has been such a blessing - thank you, ladies! :D May the Lord be glorified as you meet with Him to do the devotional. I pray it continues to be an encouragement to you - you deserve that! It was life altering for me to write it. God is truly at the heart of little moments - and big ones too. I am hoping to write another devotional, though it is slow going due to my work with HOD - which I love too. I hope to have the next one done in a few years. Thanks!

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:55 pm

I received mine and started on it. Wow. Just wow! It has so many wonderful and thought provoking messages in there. I have done the first two weeks and each night, I am sad when I put it down! I actually searched out the section on fears and read it straight through. I was struggling with some fears of my own that night, and reading through the days helped me out my fears into words and talk with God openly and honestly about them. I can't wait to get the accompanying CDs. :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:56 pm

Thanks for posting this, as I know my dear sister loves to know that God is using her to bless others through her writing. I'm so glad you were able to take some encouragement from GHILLM. Talking with God about our worries helps so much. He is the Prince of Peace!

My sister will be steadily working on a new devotional over the next several years as time allows! :D

Blessings,
Carrie