Calling all HOD Texans.....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
dale1088

Re: Calling all HOD Texans.....

Post by dale1088 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:12 am

I won't be going. I have a girl scout camping trip that weekend. :shock: :D If I were actively seeking curriculum then I would have made more of an effort to go, but since I am so truly happy with what I have and my plan, the only reason to go would be to meet Carrie (reason enough!) Hope you enjoy and can hug Carrie's neck for those of us that love her so much and can't be there!
~Amy
2009-2010:
Lucy, 9, PHFHG and DITHOR
Elliot, 5, LHTH

jessyb26

Post by jessyb26 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:26 pm

I plan on going to the convention...not to look at other curriculums since HOD is such a great fit for our family but for the workshops. I do plan on looking for a curriculum for teaching Spanish and Texas history. I am going with some friends all day on Friday and possibly back on Saturday morning. I would love to meet up with any HOD people. It would be nice to put faces with the names.

Diane - I live in west Fort Worth currently. We are trying to buy a house in White Settlement so I would be even closer to you. We should meet up sometime. I actually go to Lake Worth to do some shopping occasionally when I get tired of going to south Fort Worth.

erdrmom

Post by erdrmom » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:58 pm

We're in Texas too! We are north of Houston and using LHFHG and LHTH. I am planning to school year round, so we are stretching things out. I plan to continue with HOD for at least the next couple of years. I would love to know if there are any other HOD users in the north Houston area!
Blessings,

Cindi
Loved teaching and learning through LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, & DITHOR
Planning for the upcoming year with DD10 in CTC half-pace and DS7 in BHFHG half-pace

brenm37

Post by brenm37 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:03 pm

I am in Austin and will be using PHFHG and LHFHG for the 2009/2010 school year!
Brenda

dale1088

Post by dale1088 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi Brenda! Welcome to the forum! It's a great place!

Did you get pounded by hail tonight? What about you April, up in Florence? MAN! I have never seen anything like it! :shock: Golfballs! My kids and dog were scared, and my poor cars... :cry: We'll have to see if the damage was bad to the roof and a/c unit.
~Amy
2009-2010:
Lucy, 9, PHFHG and DITHOR
Elliot, 5, LHTH

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi everyone! :) We are south of Houston and are using Preparing and Little Hearts. It's neet that there are so many of us from Texas using HOD. 8)

Allison

jdgosejr

Post by jdgosejr » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:16 am

Yes a Texan here, we will be starting my two oldest in LHTH and Beyond, and we are going to the book fair in Arlington in May too! It is so FUN!

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Wow, Hello there fellow Texans!

I was thinking of going to the the Arlington bookfair, like I have for the last 5 years, but I don't "need" any more books! I have most everything I need for the next couple of years! Now, "want" would be another thread! LOL, I haven't been to the bookfair since late 80's or early 90's...I think! Well, so much for memory! :roll:

If I go I will walk around with a big HOD sticker on my shirt!!
Wife to Jesse,
Mom to Michelle, Dawn, Rose, Marie
DD14 Rev to Rev, MTMM in the Fall
Enjoyed Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, and World Geo.