OT-Just sharing some praise!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
6timeboymom

OT-Just sharing some praise!

Post by 6timeboymom » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:01 pm

Lots of things have been going on in my house-but a few answered prayer/praise things I wanted to share!
First of all, my 2 year old had two seizures a couple weeks ago-scary stuff! He had all kinds of testing and it appears to be all is normal! praise the Lord! So they call it a childhood seizure disorder that the child will grow out of. I had it, my mom had it, my 10 year old had it, and now the 2 year old has it. Thanks to God it's "just" that-not something more serious. We still watch him carefully, etc. but the expectation is that it won't last for more then a few years.
Then, we are a family of 8-and our biggest vehicle is a minivan. Needless to say, we have to take two vehicles anytime we go anywhere as a family. We got a pretty sizable income tax refund (I was going to spend on books-boo hoo! :lol:) but we found a wonderful 15 passenger van, excellent condition, in our price range, and will be buying that monday! Come to find out it's a large homeschooling family selling it! neat, huh?? (that seemed to be my gideon's fleece, because I wasn't completely sold on buying it, even though everyone else around me was.)
And what I consider the biggest reason for praise-I got to see my cousin who is in a "half way house" after serving time in prison for various bad decisions in his young life, and he's very serious about staying on the right path and he's given his life to the Lord! I'm so happy for him-it just makes me teary every time I think about it! I was always little bit closer to this cousin, so it's extra special to me that he's found his way to the right path. I still pray that he'll keep going in the right direction, but at least he's got grounding now-ya know?
Anyway, it seems like all you ever hear is doom and gloom these days (NOT here!! in general, I mean!) and I thought I'd share some of the really neat things going on for us lately. :-)
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

faith0428

Re: OT-Just sharing some praise!

Post by faith0428 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Thanks for sharing. Those are wonderful praises. Isn't God good!
~ April Faith ~
http://www.desiremyheart.blogspot.com
Wife to Andy since 3/98
Mom to:
Savannah Hope 12 (11/01) and Amaris Love 10 (6/03) doing Res2Ref
Jadon Andrew 8 (1/06) and Bethany Joy 6 (4/07) doing BLHFHG

netpea

Post by netpea » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:47 pm

I'll join you and say Praise the Lord! God is so good. I am rejoicing with you. :D

1GirlTwinBoys

Post by 1GirlTwinBoys » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:25 am

How wonderful and exciting for your family!!! :D

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Praising God with you
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR