I FINALLY did it and placed my order.

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
1GirlTwinBoys

I FINALLY did it and placed my order.

Post by 1GirlTwinBoys » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:02 am

:P After researching like crazy, talking to Carrie on the phone twice, :wink: and praying about it, I placed my HOD order late last night.

We are going to start April and do a 4 day week throughout the summer (taking time off as needed). My boy's will be 5 the beginning of May and my DD just turned 6 this month. I decided to use the program with the HOD suggestions (even the Singapore math). :lol: The only thing I'm doing different is continuing with Phonic Pathways because it's working well for us and my children are all reading on the same level. We are all going to do the Singapore Earlybird math together this spring and summer. I'll start her with the Primary 1st grade in September if it's working well for us. I keep leaning towards CLE but we will see how it goes. :|

I am so over the top excited about getting everything and getting started. The Bible, Science and History looks so amazing to me.
Daughter~ 7 (2nd grade)
Twin Boys~ 6 (1st grade)

my3sons

Re: I FINALLY did it and placed my order.

Post by my3sons » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:21 am

HOORAY! :D I am so excited for you to get your HOD things and be able to hold them in your hands to see how much fun you are going to have! :) I think you will love LHFHG as much as our 2 dc and I have. Please do share your box day with us - those are some of my favorite posts to read. :wink:

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:32 pm

YEAH!!!! Be on the lookout next week for BOX DAY! How fun. You are going to love doing this program with your kids.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

tiffanieh

Post by tiffanieh » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:53 pm

You won't regret it! HOD is the best thing that's happened to us for homeschooling! This is my first year and it has gone sooooo well, and I know it's b/c I followed the Lord's lead...which lead me HERE!!!
Tiffanie
http://www.thehagefamily.blogspot.com
Enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, 1/2 of BHFHG and now doing PHFHG
Mommy to Ethan (10) and Ashton (9)

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:16 pm

oh, hooray!!!! We hooked another one, girls!!! :lol:
you will love this program, and I bet in a few weeks you'll be posting with, "I can't believe I ever wavered on ordering!!!" :-)
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:29 pm

I'm so glad you have gotten a chance to make some decisions and move ahead with doing LHFHG! We are sad to be close to finishing LHFHG right now with our third little guy. He loves it so much. Where does the time go? :D

Blessings,
Carrie

netpea

Post by netpea » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:52 pm

YAY! :D

You're going to love it. And it really is such a fun program to do that even doing it over the summer won't be tough for your kiddos. Enjoy your box day!
:D