HOD is wonderful

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Patience

HOD is wonderful

Post by Patience » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:43 pm

I'm sitting here at Panera thanking God for HOD as I plan for next year.
Wife of 10 wonderful years
Mom to three
9 yo girl and 7 yo boy doing BIGGER
3yo girl listening in to all our reading

pollo_la

Re: HOD is wonderful

Post by pollo_la » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:39 pm

I completely agree. HOD is wonderful! :D I feel so much peace about homeschooling now. All the hard work has been done for me. I just get to enjoy having TONS of fun learning right along side my kids!!!
Laurie:
Wife to Daniel since June 2002
Mom to: Odessa (5) using LHFHG and Emerging Readers from BLHFHG,
Sophie (3), Nadia (2), and Elliana (newborn)

FiveLittlePeaches

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:56 pm

I couldn't agree with you more!

I am currently doing LHFHG with my 3 oldest, and they absolutely LOVE it! :D :D :D My girls love Rhymes in Motion! It's usually how we begin our school day, and it always ends up with my children hugging me to the point of being tackled! We cuddle during story time, and have wonderful conversations after Bible/Devotions for the Children's Hour. They *really* like their history lesson, and find the stories so interesting! And to think I resisted the notion of homeschooling in the beginning! Oh, God is so good, and I am thankful for such a wonderful program. :!:

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:29 pm

Ok, I'm jealous Patience! :lol: I want to go to Panera with you!! We don't have one within an hour of us out here in this neck of the woods!

I totally agree that HOD is wonderful...and that I love knowing what we're going to do for school, and that it's going to meet needs for my kids and I in so many areas, and that I get to enjoy teaching and enjoying my kids as they grow up!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:24 pm

You ladies just blessed me today SO MUCH with this thread! :D I love knowing what we're doing with each of my kiddos too. It really helps take the panic and the searching for what to do next away, especially whenever I need to add another child to our school day! Each of my little ones who've been added as preschoolers just flow right in with us, because I just pick it up and go! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

netpea

Post by netpea » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:45 pm

Carrie,
Your manuals are so well done, that Tuesday when I got back from the doctor, I found my 8yo going through Little Hearts with my 6yo. He read her the History for Little Pilgrims and checked it off, then did Grandfather Frog and asked her the questions... It really saying something when an 8yo can teach from your manual!

:D

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:45 pm

LeeAnn,

That is so precious! :D Even my hubby can do it, and he is NOT a teacher-type personality at all! :lol:

Blessings,
Carrie

Patience

Post by Patience » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:21 am

OH man, Netpea that is so darling.
Wife of 10 wonderful years
Mom to three
9 yo girl and 7 yo boy doing BIGGER
3yo girl listening in to all our reading

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:28 pm

Patience - I want to come to Panera with you and celebrate our enjoyment of HOD (especially since food is involved)! :D

LeeAnn- my Dad actually taught from the HOD guide when I was in the hospital or at a book fair a few times! He did a great job - though he was a bit out of his element! :D My ds STILL insists the reason he gets multiplication is because of the way Papa taught it that day. I DID teach it the same way as my Dad - using the HOD plans - but my ds has given 100% of the credit to my Dad! :lol: That's o.k. - I think he's right. My Dad has always been great at math! :wink:

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:32 pm

I agree whole heartedly with all you ladies! :D It is so beautiful and warm today, that because of HOD, we were able to finish quickly and spend the rest of the day outdoors enjoying God's creation!!! I feel so at peace with this curriculum! It has blessed our family in so many ways!! Thank you Carrie! :D

LeAnna
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

lostinabook

Post by lostinabook » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Reading these threads has me so impatient to order my stuff! Then I'll have the loooooong wait to get started with dd, but at least I'll be able to get going with ds right away!
Libby, Mama to a 9 yo and a 7 yo
dd-RightStart D; Ambleside 3; CWP; AAS 3; Lively Latin; CW-Aesop A
ds-RightStart B; BLHFHG; Reading Made Easy; AAS 2; FLL
both-Training Hearts, Teaching Minds; Exploring Creation-Swimming Creatures; violin